• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cars RENAULT 4L CUP 1.2

A RENAULT 4L CUP PACK FOR ASSETTO !

1. jeromeewing

jeromeewing

Ratings:
    +6
    jeromeewing submitted a new resource:

RENAULT 4L CUP - A RENAULT 4L CUP PACK FOR ASSETTO !

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 2
  2. AccAkut

AccAkut

Ratings:
    +661
    Looks very promising, but what caught me of guard was the sheer size of it... 1.4 GB for a single car is a lot! The car's kn5 is 10x the size of Kunos' cars, and going through the skins I see you use huge texture files (in terms of resolution and compression) for stuff that simply doesn't need it. 20 MB of uncompressed 2048x2048 dds for a texture that is just plain colour yellow (retro.dds in renault_sport_10 for example) isn't needed, a 32x32 dds will look the same ingame.

You should also use the "Save as KN5 - Car (No texture) option for the load file (LOD = Level of Detail ;)) That way you will save a lot of space and performance too. Just make sure your high detail car and low detail car use the same textures for everything.

The car drives really well and how I would a french FWD tin can expect to handle, it is really fun to throw around a tight twisty track.

Looking forward to updates on this ;)

3. jeromeewing

jeromeewing

Ratings:
    +6
    hi AccAkut
    thanks so much for your comments !!
    Yes my DDS textures are huge :(
    i must learn to use them correctly, i use 2048x2048 but my export could be wrong
    good idea for the load, that's right the loads use same textures.
    I do it for the next version ! Thanks !!!

4. jeromeewing

jeromeewing

Ratings:
    +6
    jeromeewing updated RENAULT 4L CUP with a new update entry:

RENAULT 4L CUP V.1.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  5. jeromeewing

jeromeewing

Ratings:
    +6