1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Released: PCARS Classic Lotus Track Expansion

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

pcars 1.jpg
    Project CARS developers Slightly Mad Studios have released the latest expansion to their racing simulator today, introducing the Classic Lotus Track Expansion.

Featuring iconic circuits Rouen (GP and Short layout), Hockenheim and Silverstone Classic layout and introducing highly regarded vehicles produced by the successful British manufacturer, namely the 1963 Lotus Type 25 Climax, 1965 Type 40 Ford, 1965 Type 38 Ford and the venerable 1967 Type 51.

Also included as a free gift is the 1970 Lotus Type 49C Cosworth.

As an additional bonus the latest DLC for this popular sim includes 10 community created liveries featuring two real-life skins for the Bentley Continental GT3, three BMW Junior Team designs, and five striking liveries from renowned design company Momo.

SMS have also included 2 new invitational events for game's career mode aimed at giving fans the chance to enjoy these latest inclusions, a three-round series featuring the Lotus Type 40 and another series open to all Classic Lotus Formula cars.

Project CARS is available to purchase now on PC, PlayStation and Xbox One.

pcars2.jpg pcars3.jpg pcars4.jpg pcars5.jpg pcars6.jpg pcars7.jpg pcars8.jpg

Have you tried the latest DLC for PCARS yet? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bert Austen

Bert Austen
    Pedal tho the metal Men Premium Member

Awsome pack, love the old tracks, special Rouen Less Arts.....great work:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bert Austen

Bert Austen

There are 3 layouts of Rouen....the one with the long straight in the middle and to the finisch....is not in the game....unfortunate....maybe later add this layout as bonus :cautious:

5. Hahaha that Lotus 38 looks ridiculous. Hope some people are running it online. Will be hilarious. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dave R

Dave R
    Premium Member

Easily the best pack they've released so far. The tracks are wonderful. That 60's Indy car is a monster

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

Just a quick question:
    Is the "on demmand" just their PR wording for DLC or is there some sort of Premium programm for Project Cars?

8. Dave R

Dave R
    Premium Member

Yep it's the pr wording for DLC.

9. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

Iv'e been waiting for this content and at last it is here.I love this old cars and track,they feel so pure.This is when men were men,and had big tasches a woman on one arm and a glass of the hard stuff in the other hand,with a cigarette hanging from their mouth's.;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium Member

Skipped the last one, but this looks cool. Love the old track layouts and the Type 40 sports racer looks awesome!!!!!!!

All we need next is a custom class and championship editor...

(and I guess ovals to race the '65 winner...)

11. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Hmmm, I am tempted to reinstall it just because these beauties :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dave R

Dave R
    Premium Member

Matej I was admittedly a PC hater because of the bugs but once they got the AI issues a little better, I reinstalled it and have enjoyed it. The tracks are well worth the cost and the cars are icing on the cake.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur
    AC Addict

[​IMG]
    Anyone looking at this and not tempted to get behind his wheel to drive this, is probably on this forum by mistake.;)
    I can hear the sound of the engine of that Lotus calling my name!:inlove:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Dave R

Dave R
    Premium Member

I'd like to try the other cars in the pack, but that Lotus Formula Ford is such a treat to drive. I think I have a new favorite car in PCars

15. Bert Austen

Bert Austen

And now whe need the circuit "Spa - Franchorchamps" 1967" Layout (14,7 km) a must have in pc cars for the Lotus beauty cars :laugh:

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Dave R

Dave R
    Premium Member

Yes agreed 100 percent!!

17. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

It's a beast of a car,so much torque!!!.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Best £6.20 I've spent in pCARS. Both cars and circuits are B.E.A.Utiful!

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Benutzername

Benutzername
    Online Martini Racing - Founder and driver

Please give me graphics, weather, the cars and tracks for Assetto Corsa.... :p

That pack looks fantastic, but i am still not happy from what i hear from the physics and Support of PCars.

20. FlyGasm

FlyGasm
    Premium Member

Wow they keep pushing them out. That's 8 DLC packs since release at $35.92 total. When Pcars first came out I was pretty skeptical and the FFB wasn't the greatest. It took a lot of tweaking to feel right, but in all honesty they have really upped their game. The cars feel pretty good with default settings now and the graphics are icing on the cake. The more they add the better it gets.

• Agree Agree x 1