• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Reid+Grist co-driver mods

Discussion in 'RBR Mods' started by porridge, Aug 22, 2013.

1. porridge

porridge

Ratings:
    +33
    Includes only the original RBR pacenote slots. Except that Grist doesn't have "Tightens Bad", and Reid lacks "Caution".

At least the Pacenote Plugin is supported, so you have the extra distances. And 8-step scale instead of the usual 7-step as an utterly pointless gimmick.

It is an onboard rip, but of course TOTALLY NOISE-FREE, as always with porridge-y co-driver mods. So if you ignore the shortcomings, the production values are up there in the sky somewhere.

Good luck with this. Extract the pack to anywhere you like (temporarily), that'll get you started.

-----------------

Download link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbcysyoa5tgvdsn/TFCDP RR+NG+PM porridge en.7z?dl=1

Dec 2015 update:

- Added the Mills mod (numeric, 5 choices).
    - Added "double tightens" and "double caution" for Grist along with some other minor but necessary "fixes".
    - Into/Onto slots were looked at again for the Reid and Grist mods.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Tomas Reinicke

Tomas Reinicke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +43
    I get an 403 error whin I try to download this, could you please upload it to some other site as weii

Thanks

3. porridge

porridge

Ratings:
    +33
    Sorry to keep you waiting, Tomas, but I thought it's best to fix couple of very minor issues first.

New links 2013-08-24:

(REMOVED)
    +
    (REMOVED)

FIX: added Hairpins to Reid's Sounds folder.
    ADD: A terminology list (for OpenOffice and Excel)

It seems that I cannot edit the first post in here, oh what a world!

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. porridge

porridge

Ratings:
    +33
    For the time being, I will not re-upload the mods. However, I'll keep releasing videos.

For fun.

Reid:

Grist:

Mills:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. zoobear

zoobear

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for these great pacenotes. NG is so much better for me than default one. BTW, will you release also Mills version in the future?

6. porridge

porridge

Ratings:
    +33
    I'm glad you like it, zoobear.

My version of Mills will not be released, unfortunately. It is way too good for sharing.

7. zoobear

zoobear

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it sounds very professional indeed. I hope you'll change your mind one day. But NG is also very good. Once again many thanks for your work.

8. porridge

porridge

Ratings:
    +33
    About six months ago, I happened to use the Grist mod for the first time in a long while and I was shocked how appalling it actually was. It was still world class all right, but that just isn't good enough in 2015. However, since there was only so much I could do with the existing mods, I thought it was for the best to add the outstanding Mills mod in this last ever pack.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbcysyoa5tgvdsn/TFCDP RR+NG+PM porridge en.7z?dl=1

Protect yourself at all times.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Dinos I

Dinos I

Ratings:
    +24
    Very nicely done, mate:thumbsup: The quality is fantastic, thank you very much for this mod.
    Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year:):)

10. porridge

porridge

Ratings:
    +33
    Same to you, mate. Although let's be honest, xmas is already a thing of a past pretty much, isn't it, but that happy new year stuff... well, that sounds like a decent plan. Yes, might as well try that.

11. porridge

porridge

Ratings:
    +33
    I have belatedly replied to someone via PM about something related to this topic, not once but twice even, you know who you are so check your PM. No reply required.

12. porridge

porridge

Ratings:
    +33
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  13. DeltaDox

DeltaDox

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm gonna feel like an idiot for asking this but, can these work with the Pacenote Manager for RSRBR?

I've had some issues trying to get used to the interface of the manager...

14. porridge

porridge

Ratings:
    +33
    No need. Perfectly reasonable question. In short: no and never will. As an old pre-Pacenote Plugin tool, Pacenotes Manager can't handle anything besides the files that go to the Audio folder, making it pointless from my perspective.

And a word of warning: because of some horrendous packs created solely for that manager, it is very easy to unintentionally overwrite other audio mods you may have installed. While it's no fault of the manager itself, I wouldn't recommend using it at all. If you're interested in some of the content they have provided for it, you should use dattool to extract the dat packs yourself and manually install the right files and nothing else.

15. DeltaDox

DeltaDox

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your input, mate. Also apologies for the late reply. I don't suppose you can tell me how to install your co driver pack into RBR? I'm still rather new to modifying RBR and I still initially think installing RSRBR was a challenge.

16. porridge

porridge

Ratings:
    +33
    There are instructions in the pack. For an RSRBR user it can't be more straightforward when audio.dat has already been extracted and even Pacenote Plugin is included (you may have to rename pacenote.no to pacenote.dll to make it functional but that should be it).

Gone are the good old days when porridge mods were intentionally onerous to install.