Red Pack DLC Coming to Assetto Corsa Console Next Week

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Red Pack DLC 3.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have finally confirmed the 'Red Pack' DLC for the console version of Assetto Corsa will be released sometime next week, coming almost six months after PC players received access to the content.

With the console version of Assetto Corsa having battled with niggling issues post release, the game has slipped behind its PC brother in recent months and is still awaiting several key DLC packages already available for the PC version of the title.

No exact release date, or even full details of the content within the 'Red Pack' have been revealed, however it is probably safe to assume the new package will mirror it's PC counterpart. Release is expected towards the end of the coming week.

Assetto Corsa Red Pack DLC Contents (assuming same as for PC):

• Ferrari SF-15T
  • Ferrari F138
  • Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Maserati 250F 6C
  • Maserati 250F T2 12C
  • Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4
  • Lamborghini Aventador SuperVeloce

• Spielberg REDBULL Ring Circuit
Ferrari SF15-T
The first Ferrari GP car to debut for ASSETTO CORSA, it is the second car made by Ferrari since the reintroduction of turbo engines in 2014. The red single seater has been reproduced in cooperation with Ferrari.

Ferrari F138
Originally known as the Ferrari F2013, and sometimes referred to by its project number, the Ferrari 664 is a Formula One racing car designed and built by Scuderia Ferrari for use in the 2013 Formula One season. It was driven by two-times World Champion Fernando Alonso and his team-mate Felipe Massa. The chassis was named F138 to represent the year that it would be raced in, 2013, and to mark the final season that Formula One would use V8 engines.

Maserati 250F
The car took part of Formula One racing between January 1954 and November 1960, when rules allowed 2.5 liter unsupercharged or 750 cc supercharged engines.
Maserati went with the former, chosing a straight six aspirated engine configuration; in 1956 it mounted a V12 engine. With a quite roomy cockpit, Maserati 250F featured a 4 gears transmission (plus reverse) and Continental fashion pedals arrangement: clutch, throttle and brake in this order.

Ferrari 488 GT3
This is the racing version of the latest 488 GTB, presented at the Ferrari Finali Mondiali, as replacement for the 458 Italia.This car features large side intakes to provide a better air flow to its twin-turbocharged 3.9-liter V8.

Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce
With increased power, lower weight, improved aerodynamics and innovative technologies the 750-4 is the most pure incarnation of a Lamborghini to date: unmistakable Lamborghini super sports car DNA, dynamic superiority and exceptional driving precision.

A focus on weight reduction while incorporating innovative technologies has resulted in the most sports-oriented, fastest and most emotional series production Lamborghini ever. The weight has been further reduced by 50 kg through enhanced lightweight engineering including significant use of carbon fiber. The naturally aspirated V12 engine's power is increased to 750 hp. This results in a power-to-weight-ratio of 2,03 kg/hp. The Superveloce accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.8 seconds and powers on to reach a top speed of more than 350 km/h.

Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4
The modifications needed for GT4 homologation mainly concern the engine and aerodynamics. The car's overall technical make-up will be unchanged: the 4700cc engine, electro-actuated transmission with paddle-shift commands and a kerb weight of 1410 kg will stay. The fitting of an air scoop will reduce the car's power output to 430 bhp from its current 488 bhp while a newly-designed rear spoiler and modified diffuser will bring the car's performance into line with that of the other GT4 cars.

RedBull Ring
The track has been reproduced for Assetto Corsa to the highest level of detail through the use of laserscan technology.

AC Red Pack DLC 2.jpg
AC Red Pack DLC 4.jpg
AC Red Pack DLC.jpg

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now. All three platforms for the title have substantial DLC packages for purchase, with the Red Pack due to release on console week commencing January 9th. PC players already have access to this content.

You can catch all the news and discussions around the console version of Assetto Corsa right here at the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa sub forum! If you own the PC version of the title you may wish to check out our sizable downloads section, or take in a race or two in our Assetto Corsa Club and League Racing forum.

Are you looking forward to the Red Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa on console? How do you think the game is developing since its initial launch? Which car are you most excited to try first? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I'm going to buy it, but I just wish that someone, anyone could explain why the console version can not save content. It can't be some tech secret, but maybe (speculation only) that it is something to do with server costs? Please someone tell us what the real reason is, no matter how bad it is, better to know the truth, than be left wondering.
Oh yeah, Private and Custom lobbies are really the most needed features to keep the game alive for console users.

I'm going to buy it, but I just wish that someone, anyone could explain why the console version can not save content. It can't be some tech secret, but maybe (speculation only) that it is something to do with server costs? Please someone tell us what the real reason is, no matter how bad it is, better to know the truth, than be left wondering.
Oh yeah, Private and Custom lobbies are really the most needed features to keep the game alive for console users.
the game is pretty dead on consoles, from what I've seen during NA day time the servers have max 30 users.

the game is pretty dead on consoles, from what I've seen during NA day time the servers have max 30 users.

Seeing as there's no private/custom lobbies, you can only race on preset combos, and (I believe this is still the case) the servers are region locked, server population probably isn't the best metric to evaluate the current popularity of the game. From what I see lots of console users are playing the game and enjoying it, just not bothering with online due to the above issues.

Seeing as there's no private/custom lobbies, you can only race on preset combos, and (I believe this is still the case) the servers are region locked, server population probably isn't the best metric to evaluate the current popularity of the game. From what I see lots of console users are playing the game and enjoying it, just not bothering with online due to the above issues.
how much is lots tho? You can't actually see offline users.

how much is lots tho? You can't actually see offline users.

Obviously can't give an exact answer to that. I saw stats the other day showing nearly 100k copies sold between the two consoles, so even if only 10% are still playing that's 8,000-10,000 players. I still visit GTPlanet frequently and there are lots of console players there who seem to be excited for the incoming update, most of them don't seem to bother with online very much though.

Edit: To be fair, I've seen a lot of people disappointed with the console version too. Some of them have found stuff to enjoy while they wait for improvements, some have already sold it off, some are still on the fence. So, it's not as populated as it could be. My main point was just that server activity probably isn't the best way to judge the game due to problems with online that are keeping some people away.

Last edited:
Seems like I didn't even get a hint or speculation as to the question I asked. I mean it seems like the same issue as in Proj cars, so doesn't anyone have an idea about what the real limitation is? Whatever the answer is, it must come from some half baked idea, because nobody wants to talk about it.

Seems like I didn't even get a hint or speculation as to the question I asked. I mean it seems like the same issue as in Proj cars, so doesn't anyone have an idea about what the real limitation is? Whatever the answer is, it must come from some half baked idea, because nobody wants to talk about it.

What exactly are you asking? "Why cant the console version save content?" What does that even mean to you :p

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%