Red Bull unveil RB11 race livery for 2015

sRwzHxE.jpg

Red Bull Racing have finally revealed the actual race livery for their 2015 challenger the RB11, retaining their typical colours after testing in an interim black-and-white scheme with drivers Daniel Ricciardo and Daniil Kvyat.

The reasoning behind what was quickly dubbed the “zebra” livery was pragmatic, its intricacy meant to disguise the new car’s technical innovations from rival teams. But from the moment it left the garage it had become an instant favourite with many fans, something truly different in a world where established brand recognition is everything. So is it a shame that the team has reverted to its more “traditional” livery? Maybe, but Red Bull’s other sponsors barely stood out on the test scheme, and besides the car hardly looks bad now.

But what do you think? Do you prefer Red Bull’s race livery or would you have kept the “zebra” one from testing? Vote in our poll and comment below!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yuri

VELES LMP2 #21
So the RB get more purple every year, was really hoping for at least some of the camo livery to come back :(

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
It's probably for branding reasons, but i dislike this livery so much. Looks identical to the same boring liveries of the most recent years.

Heck, that camouflaging livery had no one fooled. It was way more complex and detailed than this new livery...maybe it made their car appear a little out of place, but it was so unique, just set them apart, a shame to loose it for the typical RedBull fare.

Heck, that camouflaging livery had no one fooled. It was way more complex and detailed than this new livery...maybe it made their car appear a little out of place, but it was so unique, just set them apart, a shame to loose it for the typical RedBull fare.
When you have so many photographers getting close to the car, there is no reason for camo. I believe it was mainly for PR reasons.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 26.8%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 77 16.9%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.1%
  • €3001-5000