• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

rear mirrors in cockpit view extrem low resolution

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Tobias Liesaus, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Tobias Liesaus

Tobias Liesaus

Ratings:
    +35
    Hi, my mirrors in cockpit view are very low resolution. it looks really ugly... is this normal or only on my system? and is there a mod to increase the mirror resolution.

2. Victor Ivanov

Victor Ivanov

Ratings:
    +1,518
    Well first of all I think you should have told us your system and the level of details you used.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tobias Liesaus

Tobias Liesaus

Ratings:
    +35
    oh sorry... details all maxed out. 1920x1080

Win7 64 bit
    i5 2500K
    2x 6870
    8 GB Ram

crossfire enabled or disabled make no difference..

4. NobbyMilo

NobbyMilo

Ratings:
    +478
    Did this from day on as it looked horrible as you said.
    Open up the hardware_settings_config.xml thats in your documents folder with wordpad or notepad and look for 'mirrors enabled' line.
    copy and paste this :-

<mirrors enabled="true" forceBilinear="false" width="2048" height="512" car_maxlod="0" car_culldist="500.0" />

and then obviously save it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Tobias Liesaus

Tobias Liesaus

Ratings:
    +35
    Thank you very much! it worked :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carl Hughes

Carl Hughes

Ratings:
    +78
    I'm gonna try this too :D Does anyone know any other tweaks to make the game look even better using this file?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ........ Mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,148
    Interesting, because I have that setting by default .....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Carl Hughes

Carl Hughes

Ratings:
    +78
    Really? I have everything on ultra where possible and mine was 1024 256 with car_maxlod=1

9. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ........ Mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,148
    Yup ..... really :)

That's why i ticked NobbyMilo's post as informative, I thought 'sounds like a nice little tweak'. When I opened the file it was there already. It looks like @Mike Partington is the same, as he ticked 'Agree'; above

10. Mike Partington

Mike Partington

Ratings:
    +488
    Yep, that is my setting by default too. I thought exactly the same. The mirrors are most definitely useable and a reason why I haven't changed my cam to be much further forward this year.

11. Tobias Liesaus

Tobias Liesaus

Ratings:
    +35
    hmm, strange... no wonder no one else complained about this. My settings in this file were:

<mirrors enabled="true" forceBilinear="true" width="512" height="128" car_maxlod="3" car_culldist="200.0" />

12. Mr Pibb

Mr Pibb

Ratings:
    +105
    Thanks NobbyMilo. I had same settings as Tobias despite monster graphics card, triple screens, maxed out settings etc - but low res mirrors. Thought it was supposed to be that way tbh since no one else had complained.

But it's sweeeet now!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Daniel Lee

Daniel Lee

Ratings:
    +46
    Likewise thought the mirrors were how they were supposed to be.
    Great tweak!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Salut Gilles

Salut Gilles

Ratings:
    +255

WOW! Thanks a million for really saving my $50+ hard-earned investment in this million-flawed product!! Their ego engine is absolute crap at detecting GPU-cards capabilities!

Look at that awful junk I had in my hardware_settings_config.xml file:

<mirrors enabled="false" forceBilinear="true" width="256" height="64" car_maxlod="4" car_culldist="0.0" />

No wonder I had to go the the game's graphics settings each time (so annoying), and STILL get ugly jaggies in all cockpit-view mirrors, thanks to Ignorancemasters' bs...

You saved my gaming experience! I should have sent my money to you instead of these know-nothing narcissists!

KUDOS!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

15. Tiskoo

Tiskoo

Ratings:
    +18
    Unfortunatly on PS3 I can't modify anything and the rear mirrors are awfull.... Same for the reflection of my engineer on the nose of my F1 when I get out of the pits... It amazes me that they didn't get it right....