1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear mirrors in cockpit view extrem low resolution

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Tobias Liesaus, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Hi, my mirrors in cockpit view are very low resolution. it looks really ugly... is this normal or only on my system? and is there a mod to increase the mirror resolution.

2. Well first of all I think you should have told us your system and the level of details you used.

• Like Like x 1
  3. oh sorry... details all maxed out. 1920x1080

Win7 64 bit
    i5 2500K
    2x 6870
    8 GB Ram

crossfire enabled or disabled make no difference..

4. Did this from day on as it looked horrible as you said.
    Open up the hardware_settings_config.xml thats in your documents folder with wordpad or notepad and look for 'mirrors enabled' line.
    copy and paste this :-

<mirrors enabled="true" forceBilinear="false" width="2048" height="512" car_maxlod="0" car_culldist="500.0" />

and then obviously save it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Thank you very much! it worked :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm gonna try this too :D Does anyone know any other tweaks to make the game look even better using this file?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Interesting, because I have that setting by default .....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Really? I have everything on ultra where possible and mine was 1024 256 with car_maxlod=1

9. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Yup ..... really :)

That's why i ticked NobbyMilo's post as informative, I thought 'sounds like a nice little tweak'. When I opened the file it was there already. It looks like @Mike Partington is the same, as he ticked 'Agree'; above

10. Yep, that is my setting by default too. I thought exactly the same. The mirrors are most definitely useable and a reason why I haven't changed my cam to be much further forward this year.

11. hmm, strange... no wonder no one else complained about this. My settings in this file were:

<mirrors enabled="true" forceBilinear="true" width="512" height="128" car_maxlod="3" car_culldist="200.0" />

12. Thanks NobbyMilo. I had same settings as Tobias despite monster graphics card, triple screens, maxed out settings etc - but low res mirrors. Thought it was supposed to be that way tbh since no one else had complained.

But it's sweeeet now!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Likewise thought the mirrors were how they were supposed to be.
    Great tweak!

• Agree Agree x 1

14. WOW! Thanks a million for really saving my $50+ hard-earned investment in this million-flawed product!! Their ego engine is absolute crap at detecting GPU-cards capabilities!

Look at that awful junk I had in my hardware_settings_config.xml file:

<mirrors enabled="false" forceBilinear="true" width="256" height="64" car_maxlod="4" car_culldist="0.0" />

No wonder I had to go the the game's graphics settings each time (so annoying), and STILL get ugly jaggies in all cockpit-view mirrors, thanks to Ignorancemasters' bs...

You saved my gaming experience! I should have sent my money to you instead of these know-nothing narcissists!

KUDOS!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

15. Unfortunatly on PS3 I can't modify anything and the rear mirrors are awfull.... Same for the reflection of my engineer on the nose of my F1 when I get out of the pits... It amazes me that they didn't get it right....