RealSimRacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to formally apologize to Landon and Huffman Racing. I was racing hard trying to get 2nd and I slipped off the corner and thought I lost enough momentum to be clear to save it down the track. In my defense, I raced Chad Cole as hard as I could to keep 2nd place when he tried to pass me. Nothing intentional, causing a wreck put my teammate in more harm as he already had a 2.5 second lead. And it cost me an eol. Just a crap sandwich....

We didnt see any contact in the booth either, no matter the angle, but everything acted like there was (as in i heard contact, saw the cars act like there was contact, despite the large gap between them). Definitely net code.

If this were a free league, i would not say much. This league is not free and I am getting to the point where I would rather stick with the service races as they are quite frankly better then I have seen here in the last 7 or 8 races. I have been on the hook in the last 7 or so races and I don't think I have yet typed a "C". As always, only about 15% of the drivers are causing close to 100% of the shitty racing. You want to clean the racing up here, you need to:

1. Park and suspend a driver for 1 race if he causes 2 wrecks in a given race.

2. You need to Park and suspend a driver for 3 wrecks within five weeks.

Live officials making the calls would be better but the present system of calling for the wrecks isnt the main problem.

Lets not kid ourselves. There is zero teeth in your present system.

Will some bitch? Yes. You will find that those bitching will likely be the in the 15% dickhead group that is making the racing, or should I say pacing, here so terrible. Those that don't like it will likely dissapear and be replaced by cleaner drivers. Take your pick, lose the guys that cause the wrecks, or the clean drivers that just want to enjoy themselves here every week.

Mike

Here's the problem guys. All the wrecks last night were first time wrecks. We didn't have any drivers double down. At New Hampshire I think we had 3 or 4 drivers take two cautions. That was probably the most. Unless you want us to start parking drivers on first caution, I don't know what you want us to do? Do you want 25 point penalties for causing a wreck? Do the points matter that much that you would change your driving style to avoid causing a caution? You'll always have some wrecks from hard racing. That's what I would chalk up Guy and Landon's wreck as (even though they had a netcode error there too). There were plenty of other drivers that made a single mistake and caused a wreck and that was it. Several drivers made stupid decisions, but that was their only caution of the race.

I guess what I'm getting at is under a lot of your suggestions, you could have 4 drivers have two cautions each for eight total, or eight individual drivers cause cautions. In the end you still have eight cautions.

And wether you make US make the call or force YOU guys to claim it, we're still going to have problems, because if you (using YOU as in drivers, not a specific driver) have to claim it btu you still dont think you did it, you're still pissed. If you dont claim it and we blame you, then you're still pissed.

Some people are clamoring for the Claiming of cautions, some are clamoring for admin reviews, and it seems no matter which one is done, people get pissed.

Either way theres a lot of yellows and theres a multitude of reasons for them, and frankly they really need to stop or reduce in some manner. It's gone past rediculous and is now into the surreal.

Hey Guys,
I mentioned this to Keith last night after the race but thought I would post here for thoughts. In one of the other leagues I race in they actually post a race review on the forums a couple days after the race. In that race review any caution that was caused is assigned blame to a driver for bringing out the caution (there are "racing deal" incidents where nobody is assigned blame). Once the race has been reviewed a list of incidents and drivers causing them are listed. At that point a driver at fault has the option to accept the blame, or file an appeal, which causes all three of the admins to review incident and assign final verdict. Each driver if you accept the blame, has to post an accept or appeal post.
If you accept blame there are certain penalties. I can't remember what they are, but something like if you cause two cautions in the race, you start with an EOL the next race and so on. The best part is there is a running total of incidents for the season, so if you accumulate 5 cautions over so many races, you can be put on probation. If you cause a caution while on probation, you sit a race. The best part of this, is that it will call out the guys that continually cause cautions and nobody likes to be called out for something like that. And with consequences as requested above, it will make people think twice about sticking it three wide.

By driving several clean races you can also clear incident points.

If you guys want I can post the rules for review if there is interest.

Lastly, I took some time to look at the irating of several in this league. There is a wide spread. I think that says a lot to the quality of races you are going to get.

The other Chad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.1%