1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RDHPC - Download links

Discussion in 'RD Historic Porsche Cup' started by Yves Larose, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Historic Porsche cup promotional copy.png

In this thread you will find all the download links that are necessary to take part of the league, you will also find some other links to some useful things. the track download links will also be posted in each round thread.

Necessary downloads
    Historic GT & touring cars v1.96 it is recommended that you use a fresh install of rFactor
    Pitbox allocations fix
    Skinpack
    (Simply extract in your main rFactor folder)

Tracks
    Trackspack

in this pack you have all the tracks for the championship, simply extract in your main rFactor folder. in the track selection menu they will be under "RDHPC Tracks" if you already have a version of a track install the RDHPC ones won't conflict with the one you already have so no need to uninstall it.

Useful things
    rFDynHud (
    Game hud overlay)
    Gid (Game hud overlay)

Note: the use of XD is not recommended as create a problem for the engine health.

if you need any help with one of those things just post in this thread and either a staff member or a member will be able to help you.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  2. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

@Yves Larose
    I just completed a full reinstall of HistorX, a dedicated install. I added rfdynhud, because I use that on GSC, and that's what I am used to, but I keep getting an error when I try to open the editor. (Attached)

Any ideas please?

Attached Files:

3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

@Andrew James 2 questions, did you installed Java 6 ? do you use the latest version of the programme ?

4. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Yes, I have Java 6 installed, and I downloaded the rfdynhud linked in this thread :/

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  5. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i assume that you have followed the install instructions to the letters ? and i assume that it work just fine in GSCE ? i use an older version of the programme and i know that it have changed a little so i'll have to take a closer look at it. give me a few days ;)

6. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Yes, to the letter; and works perfectly in GSCE. But thanks to your PM, I have it working now!

7. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

@Yves Larose or @Jarek Kostowski

I going to attempt to download the skin pack and the track pack but I need one point of clarification. I have two installs of rFactor ... one called HistoricGT( our mod ) and one called rFactor ( original unmodified ). I know where to place the track pack ..... in the rFactor install ..... but should the skin pack go in the same installation of rfactor or in the modded HistoricGT install.
    Thanks for a reply.

8. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

in your Historic GT install :coffee: in the Porsche 911 folder you put the RDHPC folder.
    ..if it is wrong I will fly to Canada and say sorry...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

@Jack Smith i beleive Stig answer is the right one but i can,t be sure since i only use one install of rFactor with the mod.

10. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

Ok I will give it a go when downloads are complete.... still 1:06 left in track download.

I'll meet you half way if needed @Stig Bidstrup.

11. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

All went as hoped... no flight necessary.:)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

@Yves Larose
    Don't quote me on that one as it was years ago but i'm pretty sure i remember reading that you get better framerates by using the standalone method and pointing it to the tracks of a main rF install.
    Something about keeping the HGTTC as slim as possible was the explanation iirc.

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

14. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

You get more fps with a small standalone install of HGTTC without tracks if i'm not mistaken, will send you a pm if i find the quote.

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

and that's the approach or method that I followed with my installs.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

I use the same install Method as Yves :cool::p

17. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

Well, if you did all the plr, ini & options changes you should still have everything set up correctly.
    I looked for the quote but couldn't find it, so maybe i'm seeing things, this is all the manual says about the issue:
    "This installation method is not recommended though. While the HGT&TC mod will work this way, you will have to restart rFactor every time you change from another mod to play HGT&TC, as the user interface is not loaded automatically when you change mods. Other issues may appear also as result of sharing the same rFactor folder."
    But if you don't install other mods anyway both are no issue.

18. Something wrong with Sebring guys, don't know if it is happening only with me.

[​IMG]

Any of you guys know what may be causing this?

• Haha Haha x 2
  19. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

I just checked, everything fine for me, did you put the whole "RDHPC Tracks" folder into your locations folder?

20. Managed to fix it, the problem was that I had a few "sky.dds" files in the Locations folder, and it was causing a conflict between files, deleted them and now it's fine :D
    Thanks anyway @Jarek Kostowski

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1