1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD Retrovolutions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Yves Maex, Apr 3, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

For school i need to make a little program in java, i decided to write a little game. It will be something very stupid :) But as you know... You need to start somewhere.

My idea of a game that i as noob can program will be just a not online game. You will be able do drive against yourself in a lap-time challenge.

The game will have kick-ass 2Dgrafics :smurf: For all the cheaters i will include a system that puts you back on the track if you when to long offline.

I need to have it ready for may, but maybe if the programming advances fastly it might have more features. I'm thinking of a very advanced yellow flag system that will show a yellow flag somewhere at the screen. i'm even thinking of some dust-showing when you take this kick-ass vehicle offtrack.

Attached Files:

• rdr.jpg
      File size:
      92.4 KB
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Are we going to do a league for this too :) Sign me up Yves !
  3. very nice yves, very nice

great work, cant w8 for playing it. I think we have to organise a league for it:D

great work:jumping:
  4. can we convert tracks from race 07 to it ?? :D
    great idear yves
  5. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Kick ass!
    Come on lets see a java RD game!,
    It reminds me of an arcade game called supersprint and one called super off road!

The good old days :)

EDIT: I hope you make donnington:)
  6. Good luck, I've been learning basic Java OOP this year, on to perhaps some more advanced stuff next year. Although I'll probably be moving to more web specific languages next year like asp/php/cf..

looks like you've got the idea it just needs implementing
  7. I also have a bit of the implementation, but that's on a scare frame track. Only need to adjust some calculations to the middle of the car. And find out about the time function.

Maybe a very wild idea, but in future login to the game, drive some fast laps, and then submit to a laptime list... here at RD. But then i have to find out about the net class.
  8. Graphical update

Attached Files:

9. woooooooooooooooooooow
    very nice Yves, very nice

its beautifull, cant w8 for playing it

10. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Any e.t.a.?
  11. In school they want to have it end of may :D
  12. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

I Love the motec logo :)
  13. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

You need to promote the events more, I notice that the car park is not full. :circuitzolder:

Looking good. :thumb:
  14. haha, that's cool... reminds me of generally :)
  15. Wooow Yves that looks good IMO... There are games online that haven't have that nice graphics !!

Great Work !!!

Some propaganda for RD is always welcome :)
  16. Looks great Yves! But of course the BIG question, the question everybody is dying to ask, is:

Will it have working windscreen wipers!?!?!?!
  17. :) Can't wait to paint my own ass-kickin' skin ^^
  18. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

yeh big question will we be able to mod it so we can add new car models and other stuff? :)
  19. Nice.. how many players can play this at once?:)
  20. Let's start with one at a time :)

i hope it will... But as i look outside, it's sunny so who needs them

Sure you can add other cars :d