RD Rally Club - Winter's last gasp - Rally3 @ Norway - 12th to 16th Apr 2024

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
bvxSXR4.jpeg
It may be evident, but some of the rallies are based on what's happening. Like WRC events, or the season... And, well. Last week, winter did it's last gasp in Norway, creating havoc. So we will have winters last gasp here... also in Norway!
This time I have genuinely been kind with the itinerary. Though, so much short stages does mean small gaps, maybe inviting to some overeager pushing?

Session Open: 12th of April 01:30GMT to 16th of April 01:30GMT
Cars: JWRC
Itinerary:
Shakedown & 45 Min Service
SS1:
Fyresdal - Dawn - Clear - 5.4km
SS2: Kottkjønn - Sunrise - Clear - 6.6km
Service - 45 Min
SS3
: Fordol - Morning - Clear - 6.1km
SS4: Bergsøytjønn- Afternoon - Clear - 7.3km
Service - 45 Min
SS5:
Tovslioytjonn - Sunset - Clear - 7.5km
Service - 45 Min
SS6:
Hengeltjønn - Dusk - Clear - 31.8km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

Have fun! :D

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

Drove slowly as I could the whole rally to (successfully) avoid rolls or radiator damage on those hard as cement snow walls. Took almost every corner 1 number bellow notes, due to PTSD from engine dmg related retirements.

Nevertheless, failed to avoid a FL puncture by 1/4th of the last stage, being forced to replace that tyre 1,5 sectors later when it left the rim and eat up a 90s penalty. Likely the second small tap until then on a fully repaired car, but RNG damage still (f) got me. Meh.

This was a troublesome rally for me. I do like the car, I think it is a really fun car to throw around the stages. And given the location, I really want to like that too, but with the icewalls on the sides of the road, all I do is go ping-pong between them from I start a stage until I finish it. When I got thrown off the road and far down a ditch on stage 4 I was really close to just call it a day.

But I kept on going, only to wreck the car completely on the last stage with piercing the radiator and losing power early on, then getting a puncture with 3 sectors to go for good measure.

Not my rally indeed...
I did get a nice shot of the car, though, so it is not all bad:
20240415195130_1.jpg

I am not that unhappy. I know I went for all or nothing on the last stage. And broke a steering link or whatever it is called in English on the right front, so when I was turning maximum to the right to do right hand corners, that wheel was not steering at all, it might even have pointed a bit to the left :p
Was fun though! :)

Some more Croatia pics from the official WRC account, from the recce:
AodfnUJ.png

Bääääeutiful?
dDV1NiO.png

Unless something drastic happens with the forecast today though, we will indeed not be using winter for this rally in game :p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.