RD Rally Club - Winter in Portugal - JWRC at Rally Portugal 19th to 22nd Jan 2024

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
jxHNxh2.jpg

A slightly different layout to this event as well. It's also a small test of the seasons in the game. We travel to Portugal, but it is an unusually cold January in EA WRC Portugal, and while it clearly is a gravel rally, there is something white around!

Session Open: 19th of January 00:00 GMT to 22nd of January 00:00GMT
Cars: JWRC (Fiesta Rally3 or builder)
Itinerary:
Shakedown & 45 Min Service *Pinky Pro Tip: Do 1 Shakedown run to get 1 extra set of tyres!*
SS1:
Erivideiro - Night - Heavy Snowfall - 7.3km
SS2: Carrazedo - Dawn - Heavy Snowfall - 7.5km
SS3: Touca - Sunrise - Light Snowfall - 7.5km
Service - 45 Min
SS4:
Celeiro - Morning - Overcast(snow) - 8.2km
SS5: Viana do Castelo - Morning - Overcast(wet) - 7.9km
Service - 45 Min
SS6
: Fridao - Afternoon - Light clouds - 16.7km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

Have fun! :thumbsup:

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

Sorry for this thread and rally coming a bit late. I totally messed up what day it was earlier in the week, and I had to actually test a bit how the winter/"winter" works.
It is more gravel than snow sadly, but it adds a flair. I hope people like it!
And @AlleyViper sorry for only have 6 stages here, but with the JWRC car, and how technical the Portuguese stages are, I think it will be a challenge still! :)

TBH, I didn't even know Winter was available for PT ingame, as I never ended on that combo. That'll be a first. :coffee:

Don't get too high hopes for the snowy conditions. I wish they made it even more winter-like.
I think most countries has this. Not Kenya or Indonesia (and maybe not NZ?), while Sweden and Norway can't have anything other than proper snow.
There's a reason why it's only gravel tyres available for winter-Portugal ;)

It was a tense untrusting run, very much on the safer side, as any mistake could end face-first on a boulder, further downsizing the Fiesta into a Kei car. Argentina in DR2 was my favorite, but for that kind of danger, PT in EA WRC can be way too fast for my comfort.

Had a slow-motion full roll over in SS1, lucky enough no to trigger a reset. Then a few stages later, missed a junction and had to full stop and reverse in a tight spot.

...And there's this turn jump that always gets me, a miss caused the front/bottom to soundly hit a rock. Found turbo damage on the next service, and then ptsd had me going extra careful at every jump on SS6 while looking for it again :unsure:.
Other than that scare, and a lucky roll-over, there were no ugly/halting crashes -- my main goal. Being on the lookout for cut traps also helped a ton to not spoil the effort.
Well, it's done now. GL all!

Last edited:
I knew 6 stages, 5 short and one medium would be plenty in Portugal, as it is a hard rally. But I didn't think it would be that hard in terms of concentration, focus and corner, crests, jumps, warnings etc. coming up insanely fast.
So far the most fun rally I've tried in EA WRC :D

Not influenced by me leading so far with a last stage that is 14 second quicker than the second fastest. So far at least. But I guess it doesn't hurt either. What a blast!

first stage I had huge visibility problems I think due to my 1060 graphics card. After about 10m visibility it was just a greyish screen. Or maybe it was the simulated bad weather. Hit a post only 2min. into the first stage which made the bonnet wobbly, at times blocking out the lower third of the screen, that didn't help either. Had some surprisingly good runs in stages 4 and 5 and was lucky to survive 6 without a puncture, I banged into the rocks on eitehr side so often ... Rolled onto the roof once and accidentally cut a turn, so 15 secs. on top as well. Great choice of tracks, weather, season and car, thx Ole!

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes