RD Rally Club - Super Duper 1600 @ Rally Indonesia - 11th to 14th January 2024

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
wjNzAnB.jpg

S1600 screenshot, from thumbnail of a YouTube video from MaisRally Racing Videos
A slightly different layout to this event. One stage is repeated (as there for some reason is 2 Epic stages, three long stages and 7 shorter stages here. Instead of 2-4-8 as is the more usual). So just the shorter stages, and one repeat.

Session Open: 11th of January 00:34 GMT to 15th of January 00:34GMT
Cars: S1600
Itinerary:
Shakedown & 45 Min Service *Pinky Pro Tip: Do 1 Shakedown run to get 1 extra set of tyres!*
SS1:
Abai - Morning - Clear - 5.4km
SS2: Moearaikoer - Morning - Clear - 6.3km
Service - 45 Min
SS3:
Gunung Tujuh - Morning - Clear - 9.1km
SS4: Loeboekmalaka - Morning - Clear - 7.7km
Service - 45 Min
SS5:
Kebun Raya Solok - Afternoon - Clear - 8.7km
SS6: Bidaralam - Afternoon - Clear - 7.7km
Service - 45 Min
SS7
: Batukangkung - Sunset - Storm - 8.8km
SS8: Abai - Dusk - Overcast(Wet) - 5.4km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

Have fun! :thumbsup:

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

that first stage needs to be the dullest I have played in the game so far: straight straight turn abruptly left straight straight turn abruptly right plantation to the left, plantation to the right. yawn. The other stages were far better, much more change. Also, these cars are lightweight, did a complete barrel roll in stage three and had a two wheel moment in stage four. They don't like clipping apexes.

Screenshot 2024-01-12 2.jpg

Screenshot 2024-01-12 1.jpg

Last edited:
Argh. After a very clean run until then, I suffered a frontal/halting collision with logs mid-late SS7. While blindingly following a sharp note uphill, it caused me to corner too soon into a small clearance that wasn't the track and ended in a pile of logs. Damaged radiator (lit warning), lost a chance to recover more time to the closest adversary (who must have also had a big mishap). Then on SS8 engine damage should have started to creep on those long straights, making it harder to extend a recovery. Fortunately, that was a short final stage.
nope.jpg
nope, tight left ain't there. try 25m later

Still, very happy with this run. Until faster results are posted, I would never expect to keep the slightest ever close to IHitAWallAgain, who is usually way out of my league (as in much faster). Ty all to keep this series alive.

PS: Btw, @Eckhart von Glan: I'm not used to S1600, so I yesterday did a single stage run with the C2 to check it, and on stock setup it seemed kinda prone to flip. Didn't bother to keep testing anything else. Today only checked the Saxo right at the Shakedown and it immediately felt safer, or at least more responsive to avoid raised road edges (+better cockpit view), so I went through. (You can still quit after a shakedown to re-enter and select another car, no matter the dmg)

Last edited:
Argh. After a very clean run until then, I suffered a frontal/halting collision with logs mid-late SS7. While blindingly following a sharp note uphill, it caused me to corner too soon into a small clearance that wasn't the track and ended in a pile of logs.
haha, had the same problem there, but not being as fast as you I managed to stop within virtual inches of that log.
(You can still quit after a shakedown to re-enter and select another car, no matter the dmg)
oh, thx for telling. I wanted to take the Saxo and only accidentally clicked on the little Citroen. Darn, didn't know one could change before committing to first stage proper.

Anyway, finished in style with another barrel roll but little one was still going as quick as ever when I jumped across the final finish line. Thx Ole for organization, thx all competitors, like Alley Viper said: keep coming back, the more the merrier.

roll1.jpg

roll2.jpg

Under "Game Preferences", I think having enabled "Ghost Sharing" and "User Generated Content" (it affects more stuff than described, not just mp liveries) should suffice so everything works ok. Without the later, club descriptions won't even show properly in the UI, but there's a good chance it shouldn't be required for this ghost analysis thing to function.
I guess after these have been changed, it'll only apply on later events so stuff is uploaded when finishing a club stage or tt.

Clubs Data Sharing and Usage Sharing can be left off, it should only work to prevent EAid sharing on clubs on the former, and telemetry for the later.

Under "Game Preferences", I think having enabled "Ghost Sharing" and "User Generated Content" (it affects more stuff than described, not just mp liveries) should suffice so everything works ok. Without the later, club descriptions won't even show properly in the UI, but there's a good chance it shouldn't be required for this ghost analysis thing to function.
I guess after these have been changed, it'll only apply on later events so stuff is uploaded when finishing a club stage or tt.

Clubs Data Sharing and Usage Sharing can be left off, it should only work to prevent EAid sharing on clubs on the former, and telemetry for the later.

Obrigado! (right? ) :)

that first stage needs to be the dullest I have played in the game so far: straight straight turn abruptly left straight straight turn abruptly right plantation to the left, plantation to the right. yawn. The other stages were far better, much more change. Also, these cars are lightweight, did a complete barrel roll in stage three and had a two wheel moment in stage four. They don't like clipping apexes.

I also did a massive roll when I started looking at a comment on my stream, and not the road or listen to my co-driver...

Two wheel moments there was plenty of though!
Ka6CsLP.jpg

Also, scandi-flicking a tiny little S1600? Of Course!!
mUtaMUC.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea