RD Rally Club - Classic WRC - WRC 97-11 @ Rally Oceania | 15th to 19th Nov 2023

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
yMmDx0m.jpg

Yet again, screenshot taken by @Oscar Hardwick , shared on Steam, stolen by me!
The golden era of rally, at least in terms of entries, was in the late 90's and early 00's when the initial WRC-era was at it's most popular. So it is time for us to drag those cars out on the fast, flowing and very rythmical roads of New Zea... Oceania!
Hopefully this will be kinder and more closely fought than last weeks rally with the one, lonely survivor! A return to 7 stages in this rally, including the longest in New Z...Oceania!

Session Open: 15th of November 00:00 GMT to 19th of November 23:59GMT
Cars: WRC 1997 - 2011
Itinerary:
Shakedown & 45 Min Service *Pinky Pro Tip: Do 1 Shakedown run to get 1 extra set of tyres!*
SS1:
Taipuha - Morning - Dry - 4.4km
SS2: Mangapai - Morning - Dry - 6.6km
Service - 45 Min
SS3:
Makarau - Morning - Dry - 8.6km
SS4: Oakleigh - Afternoon - Dry - 11km
Service - 45 Min
SS5:
Orewa - Afternoon - Dry - 9.2km
SS6: Doctors Hill - Afternoon - Dry - 11km
Service - 45 Min
SS7:
Waiwera - Sunset - Dry - 18km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

May you all have fun in this fast, flowing, and hopefully somewhat easier rally than what we had last week! As always, feel free to share any rally-related media or text in this thread!

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

so difficult to pick the car, would love to try them all ... went for McRae, as this is the line of games starting with the McRae games back in the day. First two stages clean but slow, pity the update produces worse graphics for me and a lot of stutter, should probably have shut down pc and started again to get a smoother result, must try out @Kurupt CDN 's settings for slow cards tomorrow, maybe that helps.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 214728.jpg

Screenshot 2023-11-16 220012.jpg

Last edited:
great rally so far, only the epic stage missing, my mechanics did the mother of all well-timed jobs in 2nd service:
Screenshot 2023-11-17 211556.png

very proud of them. Still fiddling with graphics but as the fps are solid at 75fps I am getting more adventurous with the settings and it actually is easier to play with more detail turned on. Also found out I had to turn it darker a lot, from about 50 down to 35 to get more depth into the image.

Finished the long, final stage. That stage alone is worth all the money the game cost. Seriously, there is so much variation and such a cool rhythm punctuated by sudden more unexpected turns, it's just a pleaure. I figured I should do a time of about 12 min. to keep my position in the overall standings. Did an 11min. 30sth, super happy with that, my best stage in this rally, I feel. Thx Ole for setting this up and thx to all players who joined, still 25h to go.
Loved the evening light in final stage:
Screenshot 2023-11-18 211557.jpg

Screenshot 2023-11-18 211917.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering