RD MINI Challenge 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Andrew Evans

i think it's an interesting and valid point that lee raises here... i thought pretty much exactly the same when i saw the above post....

I think that was the idea behind making people shoose between WTCC/STCC/MCC to reduce that somewhat tho even with all the options I think some people are going to be disapointed, but by spreading people first before allocation maybe less than if we all wanted to race the same cup/championship.

Same concern here, I feel everybody jumping on the Mini' s (including me :D).

Sorry for my ignorance as I have no idea how much effort was behind the pre-quali for the last RDTCC, but I felt that was just perfect for two reasons:
  1. Nobody could complain that only those people who sit at the right second in front of the PC to join
  2. Especially when you have more than one group you have a fairly balanced grid, which makes it interesting for the Aliens and us normalos.
But as said above, with so many things running at the same time, everybody should be able to find something and as long as I make it to the Minis everything should be fine :D.

Sorry for this Andreas but your post (and probably similar ones which may follow from others) poses a slight problem and big question for me ... if sign ups are limited, how do the admins choose who gets in and who doesn't?

"First come first serve" seems a bit too random, and IMO it would be fairer to have a sign up period after which admins try to select the current and regularly active forum members first, then if there are any places left, the "less recently active" racers get them.

I guess in the end it depends on what the RD leagues are aimed at, but to me rewarding the people who help keep RD alive day in day out is where it should be at. :highfive:

This of course is just one man's biassed opinion, and I don't mean to single you out Andreas - you are probably a really great guy and fantastic racer, but so are all the other guys I regularly see round here racing and contributing to the RD community :wink2:

No offence taken in any way. I know I am not the biggest contributor here on RD, though I have been here since summer '07 and raced a few leagues. I did race last years Mini league and finished 14th which I am very happy for :)

I was basicly just wondering the same thing as you just mentioned - how is the format going to be? For me a pre-qualy system would have been better if it has some limitation such as laps but it has it's down aswell. Last years Mini system was pretty good in my opinion. Lets see what the Mods says :)

RDMCC 2009 - Will you drive in it?

A poll to see how many driver wish to participate.

NOTE: If you drive in RDTCC you cannot drive in RDMCC. Don't vote in this poll if you plan to drive in RDTCC!
NOTE: You MUST be a Premium Member of the Racing Club to participate!

20hr59u.jpg

Found my key again under a big pile of dust, so i can start practicing the little devil!:car:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back