RD GP Championship 2017 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom_skins.jpg

As always, RD Leagues have a tendency to bring out the creative side of our skinners and in RDGPC Season 5 is no exception.

The Dallara DW12 cars in this league can be freely skinned as long it's within the RD Rules of no profanity, racism, and other breaching rules.

The cars accepted must be in the .dds format, otherwise we won't upload them into the skin repository. Personal Organizer Note: The skinning will follow a similar procedure as it's being done on RDLMS, but that might be better implemented for Round 2.

Also, the DW12 must follow some standard skinning features, very similar to the DW12 cars featured in the RD Indy World Series. See the screens below for the required.

First, the RDGPC S5 logos must be featured in the sides of the air duct right above the seat and also on the front wing. This is mandatory for all participants that will take part in the league. The logo in the front wing has to be somewhere within the range or the driver number, displayed below and the Dallara logo also seen below.
rFactor2 2017-03-21 23-12-16-92.jpg

Secondly, the driver's name (and nationality, that's actually optional) needs to be in the sides of the neck restraint, just like a real world Indy driver uses. That allows for a better, faster recognition of the driver piloting the race car.
rFactor2 2017-03-21 23-12-42-74.jpg

Additional note, the RaceDepartment logo above the side exausts is not mandatory. You can add it if you want to. Below you can see in detail how it is laid out the car, part by part, like you would edit it on Photoshop or GIMP.
alt_XX.jpg

About car numbers, those are fully editable as well. All new custom paints must be sent either to me or uploaded here as a zip file.

You can download the custom default template here

That's being said, have fun skinning and final round skins will be uploaded to the server with at least 2 days prior race day.

Last edited:
View attachment 178507
Do you think you have what it takes to be the newest GP Champion here at RaceDepartment? Sign up to the league then!

The Sign-Up Procedure

Signing up

Please note that signing up requires you to know:
  • the contents of the General Information thread
  • You'll partake every event and if you sign up you can do with at least 12 hs notice
  • Signing out of the league prematurely will carry in a long league ban
  • NEW but not that new actually: Only 2 drivers per team is allowed, not 3 like we had in RDIWS.
You can now sign up by replying to this thread using the following template:
Code:
Driver name:
Team:
Car Number:
Do you agree with RD Leagues Rule Set and will follow it accordingly? Yes/No

The car number can be from #0 to #999, except for the #1 where only the series champion (Charles Baccio) can use.

The Entry List

Total Number of Entrants: 27/28
Entry List Status: OPEN TO ALL + RESERVES
(New entries will be listed as reserves for Round 1 and will be considered for the Round 2 depending on newly available licenses after Round 1)

1. Tobias Röhner | Germany | Talking Door Racing #33
  2. Charles Baccio | France | Talking Door Racing #4
  3. Ike Ramos | Brazil | 0km Racing #71
  4. Matt Beavis | Great Britain | MK Simsport #5
  5. Campbell Wallis | Scotland | Kaibutsu Racing #9
  6. Dan Long | United Kingdom | MK Simsport #24
  7. Sherwin van der Sloot | Netherlands | SimTech Motorsport #11
  8. Douglas Simonelli | Brazil | DAL Racing #111
  9. Thiago Amado | Brazil | KAMF Racing #29
  10. Weimar Baptistotti | Brazil | KAMF Racing #45
  11. Tom Lombaerts | Belgium | Blauweke Racing #88
  12. Jayme Brooks | USA | Brooks Motorsport #44*
  13. Dennis Lind | Denmark | Nitor Velox #60
  14. Ken Bordas | France | Go Race #28
  15. Kevin Morville | France | Go Race #2
  16. Kreshnik Halili | Albania | Blauweke Racing #22
  17. Larry Downing | USA | GRU Motorsports #14
  18. Steve Le Gallez | Guernsey | LG Motorsport #18
  19. Matt Le Gallez | Guernsey | LG Motorsport #19
  20. Matheus Fonseca | Brazil | DAL Racing #47
  21. Aintor Sintes | Spain | Push Rod Racing #17
  22. Ryan Seltzer | USA | The Mighty Forth #35
  23. João Martins | Portugal | Silent Window #13
  24. Franklin Stegink | Netherlands | Dutch Veteran Racing #54
  25. Theo van den Brink | Netherlands | Dutch Veteran Racing #55
  26. Allie Ferrie | United Kingdom | Kaibutsu Racing #35
  27. Charles Beckwith | USA | DraftDancer Racing #68
  28. ------------------------------------------------------------
Reserves:
  1. ------------------------------------------------------------
  2. ------------------------------------------------------------
  3. ------------------------------------------------------------

Drivers marked with an asterisk (*) means Premium membership is still pending.

@Lorenzo Bonder There are no tire restrictions? Primary, alternative, etc, just use what you want? Also, if I tried the correct Barber track, is it the "barber track day" (the normal and dry) layout that we will be using, or the "indy grand prix of alabama" layout that is wet? Or did I get the wrong track? :)
Thanks!

@Gijs van Elderen @Lorenzo Bonder @Daiman Patel
You guys are the experts on this probably. Could you link me to a guide or explain briefly how to name the .dds files? Like skin, helmet, extra9 and driver suit, but I'm not sure about the exact details.
The main skin file name must be less than ~10 characters in length (I think) and contain "alt" if you are loading it via the Tuning menu. If the .dds file is to be added to a custom skin pack then the character limit increases, though I'm not exactly sure what the maximum length is, and the file name does not need to contain "alt". You should avoid using spaces in the file name. As for any additional files, e.g. helmet, extrabody, driver, etc., their names should begin within name of the main skin file followed by the type of the file.

Here is an example for a skin file called "Test" (file type > alt skin file > skin file):
  • Main skin file > altTest.dss > Test.dds
  • EXTRABODY > altTestEXTRABODY.dds > TestEXTRABODY.dds
  • HELMET > altTestHELMET.dds > TestHELMET.dds
I hope this makes sense, and is helpful to you.

The main skin file name must be less than ~10 characters in length (I think) and contain "alt" if you are loading it via the Tuning menu. If the .dds file is to be added to a custom skin pack then the character limit increases, though I'm not exactly sure what the maximum length is, and the file name does not need to contain "alt". You should avoid using spaces in the file name. As for any additional files, e.g. helmet, extrabody, driver, etc., their names should begin within name of the main skin file followed by the type of the file.

Here is an example for a skin file called "Test" (file type > alt skin file > skin file):
  • Main skin file > altTest.dss > Test.dds
  • EXTRABODY > altTestEXTRABODY.dds > TestEXTRABODY.dds
  • HELMET > altTestHELMET.dds > TestHELMET.dds
I hope this makes sense, and is helpful to you.
Thanks Damimam. All sorted and hopefully some other guys find it helpful :)

Thanks Damimam. All sorted and hopefully some other guys find it helpful :)
HAHAHAHA! Oh, Damimam! :roflmao:

I only realised after posting my reply that you had edited your message to say that you had already found an example and figured it out. :whistling: My bad...

As you have said though, it may be helpful to somebody else! ;)

Send the skin to us and we'll make something similar to RDLMS, you'll download the skins and everything. Every 2 days prior to the race day on Saturday, we'll upload the server is the latest iteration, but we'll try to keep it updated on the Steam Workshop as well (that'll only work for round 2 though).

AH SERVER IS UP BTW

HAVE FUN LAPPING.

Round 1 thread will come up today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements