1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RD Formula One 2014 Engineering Team

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Steven Poirier, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Hi all,

i start a tread, not really a game, but a kind of. I've think to build a F1 with 2014 regulation to participate as RD team. I know everyone here love F1, so thats why i put it here. I dont really want to put in an other section, i want to made it with RD Forum Game community.

The challenge is here:
    http://www.khamsinvirtualracecarchallenge.com/home

Forum part here:
    http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13382

We will think in group what kind of design we will use for each part of the car and need respect 2014 regulation. The 2013 is finished and soon the 2014 will begun.

They use a software to test our design and test it on virtual track. They make weird design for 2013 contest, so we need to change that with a real and usable design :)

REGULATION WILL COME LATER

OTHER INFORMATION ALSO

• Like Like x 1
  2. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

This suits Off-topic section :thumbsup: It is an interesting contest, i wonder what will come out of this project. :)

3. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    #4 2KF1 Racing RDGPC|LoL/RL Caster@AussieGamingTV Premium Member

so are we going to collectively put in a RD car, or are we going to have a small RD championship within theirs?

4. Benutzername

Benutzername
    Online Martini Racing - Founder and driver

Would love to design a nose.. But i dont know how. Do we request the partsm, drwa them and they model it, do you model it?

5. when time come, just draw on paper, pain, photoshop side, top view, i will do it on the software after when we decide wich one to use

• Beer Beer x 2
  6. I hope we will be able to make a car who look beautifull, realistic and not too fantasy like some was made on 2013 contest :)

7. Benutzername

Benutzername

Where can we see the 13 cars?

• Love Love x 1
  8. Benutzername

Benutzername

Ok, ill try to help developing the car. Not in asthetic ways but in fast ways... Like trying some aero concepts or something ;D

9. Its collectively work, i will the main designer, i mean, i will put our choice on the software Google Sketchup. No internal championship will be made. Its only building a car and will be test by a the contest owner. All the result of each test will be share to us. On 2013 all car was tested on tree different track. Between each test we will able to do some modification.

The contest owner will grant us Radiatord size, wheel, gear box size, engine size and fuel tank. This part of the car will be the same for everyone, so we cant modify it. Our goal will be find the best design, a fastest one and best esthetic.

What i saw, to be to much original is not payfull.... the faster car for 2013 have a nice standart looking shape.

Here the 2013 car

Faster one

JJR:
    [​IMG]

second:
    CSR:
    [​IMG]

Third:
    Mercury Motorsport
    [​IMG]

And all other one:
    STZ (10th)
    [​IMG]

Furia (12th)
    [​IMG]

Variante (9th)
    [​IMG]

Wiggles (8th)
    [​IMG]

LB (5th)
    [​IMG]

Hit (7th)
    [​IMG]

Fatality (11th)
    [​IMG]

Cottrell (4th)
    [​IMG]

Blindhom (6th)
    [​IMG]

KVRC (not ranked)
    [​IMG]

Big Space (Not Ranked)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Dat nose of Furia :inlove:

It seems i can be no help in this as i have no knowledge on these aerodynamic matters.

11. Benutzername

Benutzername

I havent that big knowledge, either, but i undertsand a bit and i know some areas in the web where i can read important information

12. Nobody have any knowledge :p we will try some design ;) thats all

• Like Like x 1
  13. Benutzername

Benutzername

Ill try to blow the diffusor anyway and make as much air as possible under the car :D And F-Duct. and Double DRS ;D

14. Thats will be fun to try to beat some ass in this challenge :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I am in.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ok we got template rules for starting it.

One point, we wont participate on the contest, now is no more free at this time, 50$ to enter, but if they find sponsor like they did on 2013 one, its will become free and when its happen we will join them. But we can start the design.

Right View
    [​IMG]

Top View
    [​IMG]

Front view
    [​IMG]

Rear View
    [​IMG]

A last thing, for building our F1 team, does we do part by part exactly or just doing it the estetisc look only?

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. mystaaRS

mystaaRS
    If you get a Quali Place, you can get a Race Pace

I am in ;)

18. Shall I be in the pit radio?:D(Joking)

19. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

Wow! I am in! If allowed, if space is available :D if i can help anyhow