Rally Club - Proposal, Feedback and Discussions Thread

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Hi all DiRTy people!

I'm sure there comes a time where my fantasy runs out, or someone sits here with the most amazing rally idea ever, but doesn't find a place to tell me about it. Well, now you have that place!
This is the perfect place to provide feedback on how the DiRT Club is run, it's also the perfect place to come with new event proposals and also, to discuss the feedback and proposals that might arrive.

I'll start out with a pretty simple question about the rally length.
I usually choose 5 stages, that is both because I don't want to choose too many, so we get tired of them, but also because I don't quite know how long time people want to use on these club rallies. So what is your ideal amount of stages/time? :)

for a rally club rally my preferred format would be six stages (2 long, 4 short) arranged like two days with only one service in the middle: morning - midday - night - service - morning - midday - afternoon

for a tournament i would add another day, so 9 stages (3 long 6 short) with service twice: morning - midday - night - service - midday - afternoon - night - service - morning - midday - afternoon.

less service is crucial in my mind because it mirrors real life
also, it would be cool if weather could be staged reallistically, i.e getting cloudier, then rain, then prolonged rain, finally clearing up and sunny again.

6 stages will be considered :) The length as well, but not always as easy to figure out. I'm not able to remember every stage yet :) The weather/Time of Day etc. will vary from rally to rally, a bit like the RBR Club :)

If my dream come true, and we get the RDRC into DiRT Rally, it will most likely be with all 12 stages, but we'll see :) It might also differ from rally to rally :)

At the moment, most of the club rallies are made by the excellent RaceNet function "Random Stages" :)

Also, to double post myself here. We will run a Rally Wales the weekend of Rally Wales (Sorry @Rallycameraman ), we will also use Gr.B and Gr.A cars when they get the new physics :)

I too will be in Wales that weekend :)

But for club rallies 6 is a good number but If the league does take off then I think 9-12 as I posted before (12 with a service after every 3 stages) or along the lines of Eckhart has stated

That being said, one or two of those rallies with few service areas, or no service at all should be considered in the future :)

Of course, we can't be nice all the time?
desismileys_2415.gif

I've liked the 5 stage rallies, though 6 wouldn't be much worse. But maybe with service every 2 stages, like you said: to keep it easy to enjoy. Have one or two bad stages early and its a slog to the end.

I think getting a good time is difficult enough with the realism of the physics that we don't need to add any additional frustration for the sake of realism. What next, our paychex get docked for damage and someone comes to our house and punches our arm and kicks our shins when we roll the car? :)

added realism, bring it on!

Actually waiting 30 mins for the car to be serviced...

Driving the car on public roads at posted speeds between stages...

Car setup changes done in real time (15 minutes for each shock adjustment, 45 min gear ratio adjustments)...

Recce and writing our own pace notes (they'd have to better than the stock ones!)...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back