F1 2011 Rain %

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Does anyone know what the rain percentage indicates?

Is it:
A) The chance of rain for that session?

or

B) The percentage of time that rain will fall for that session?

I only ask because to me it seems to be increasingly favouring B.
I always do Long race weekends with 100% races, and when ever there is rain in any session, P, Q or R, the % of rain seems to indicate how long it will rain for that session.
For example i did a race at the Nurburgring which is 60 laps, and there was rain forecast at 40%.
The race started in wet conditions and continued to rain until about lap 24, which is 40% of of the 60 laps.

If anyone has anymore knowledge on this, please do tell.

Cheers
Chris

I agree with you. Where it should indicate the likelyhood of rain I feel aswell that it indicates more how much it will rain.
where 0% is no rain and 100% is only rain. Anything in between will always give you some rain. Anyway just my feeling aswell.

Or it could be a mix of both, I've tended to see it as how likely it is that the session will have rain. On a separate note, I just did a wet race at India and the AI did not pit at all. The tyre screen showed the inters should last 14 laps and the AI were still going without pitting for 23 laps. Suffice to say I had to pit on lap 14 and my race was ruined. Is this a bug?

I thought that bug was fixed with the patch 1.02 coz my AI pit when they run out of grip with their wets/inters, and they didnt before i had the patch.

Have you downloaded any AI mods? coz that could also be causing it

Well its gone slightly off topic but here is my view.

I do 100% races like yourself and have come to see 60%-80% rain turn out to be only for the first few laps or just starting at the end few laps it seems to have no bearing onthe amount of the race it will cover.

Also I have had 0% rain end up having rain for I think 4-6 laps only light but definately some rain, so that 0% seems like it could be between 0% and 0.99% or that the % is just a mere indication and should not be taken as gospel.

^^ True. Good to have peoples opinions and experiences with this.

@Gareth Jones: Im not sure how the patching system works for Xbox, i would have thought it would be and auto-detect system, whereby you run the game and it know whether or not you have the latest version. If that isnt the case then the Xbox live is probably the way to go.

I think it's some weird amalgamation of the two. I primarily race online, and a lot of times 100% indicated rain will start or stop halfway through the race, and other times with 40% it's been a downpour for most of the race. I think it's meant to be a setup guide for the start of the race. For example, you see 40% but a dry starting track, it's reasonable to go with a dry setup because either A.) the chance of rain is low, and B.) even if it does rain it won't last long.

I read in the short instruction that the forecast is your teams weather forecast information which tends to indicate there will be a deliberate error factor. So its not absolute and therefore does not have either meaning, just a forecast.
It cant mean quantity as I have seen many races with no correlation between %forecast and % of wet laps.
EG 56% chance of rain and 75% Wet laps.
I have seen a couple of laps of rain in 0% also.

I'm not sure to be honest, could just be luck of the draw that there's been 0% rain. Try a grand prix race at spa or some place rainy with weather set to dynamic, then see if rain is in any sessions.

I'm not sure to be honest, could just be luck of the draw that there's been 0% rain. Try a grand prix race at spa or some place rainy with weather set to dynamic, then see if rain is in any sessions.

I especially racing on Spa,Malaysia,korea like this for example at 100 race I have 10 dynamic weather other 90 have clear or overcast how we can change the possibility to rain

I think the percentage of rain will indicate the chance of it actually raining. How hard it will rain isn't clear from that screen. If the chance is low then you might get a few laps of light rain. But once I had about a 40% chance of rain at the Nurburgring and it came down light, then heavy, so you had to go from slicks to inters to wets.

Hey guys How we can change dynamic weather settings because I am opening races with dynamic and racing 3-4 track but anywhere had not rain this is really bad I am want tovariable condition can someone help me ?

If you want variable weather than you're going to have to race on a track where there is a good chance of it raining in real life. It looks like it will never rain in Abu Dhabi and Valencia as most of the races I did there were clear, and a few had clouds. The tracks where you can expect rain are Spa, Shanghai, Sepang, Sao Paulo, Korea and Nurburgring. Rain isn't guarenteed here, but there's a fair chance of it. Usually in a long race weekend it rains during practice.

It should really indicate the chance of rain like it does in weather reports in general, however, if its raining at the beginning of a race then that would be 100% even if it only rains for a few laps at the beginning but surely it cant be how much of the race it would be raining as racing teams don't know how much of a race its going to rain such as in Brazil where it didn't rain at all but some of the teams had wet weather set ups on their cars.

I play on xbox so I don't have access to any mods, or any access to patches. Would I have to get on xbox live to download the patch? Is it free?

you can dowlaod a patch online using a PC i think? and then put this onto a USB key, and run it on your xbox. well you could for other patches on other games, but this being CM, i doubt they have ANY fricking support for something like this.. google it though. or put it online, u might be able to donwload without even getting a gold account, gold just means the menu in games like MULTIPLAYER XBOX LIVE WONT WORK, where as a free silver account is just that FREE and you can stream etc.. im sure you coudl download the patch for free using just the silver, but the USb option might there also?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.7%