Rain Spray

Could anyone direct me how to cheat the game into creating rain spray on a dry track, without rainfall?

Appreciate it sounds weird but there is a genuine reason for why I'd like to create that.
Thanks

By spray do you mean the "rooster tails" from tires on wet pavement? Possibly flag the track as "wet" but without using wet textures?

I recall years ago when N2k3 modding was allowed, someone was working on a speedboat mod. The "track" was a lake with the course marked by buoys, the water thrown up behind the boat was made by retexturing the dirt/dust effect to water and declaring the track surface as dirt (they also banked the corners so the boats would lean into the turns). So the boats ran on a dirt track with banked turns that looked like a flat lake.

Maybe you'll have to similarly fool GTR2.

Yes to rooster tails.
That re-texturing sounds like a great idea. I'll have a tinker and see if I can get that to create the desired effect.

It's for two tracks where I've created winter weather effect. Having reduced the dry track grip and edited the surface textures I wanted to create the sense of driving on 'slush' but race in bright winter sunlight, and have small rooster tails kicked up from surface water / slush.

See here:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back