1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Rain improvement

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Richard Lofthouse, May 21, 2013.

1. Does anyone know how to increase the amount of spray during wet races? would be great for onboard racing and would make it more realistic.I know you can edit the PLR file but nothing much happens........

also can the amount of dust and smoke be increased, for example when cars go through the gravel and have lock ups?

any help would be great...........

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Smoke and dust can be increased by increasing the Special Effects level. Weather is a bad area of the sim and wet weather isn't portrayed very well, not even good enough to be called good,

3. thanks for the reply, what is the maximum that i can enter for the special effects?

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Actually, I keep mine on Low so I can get through the messes that happens with online drivers. There can be so much smoke that there's no seeing past the incident.

5. There's also a smoke/rain alternative textures, they are more "dense". You are in disadvantage using them but you'll get more realism. Can't find it right now, maybe someone has those files and is willing to share ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. thanks very much:)

7. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thx for the link, it's the same but only a newer version. I was searching for it yesterday but I couldn't find it.