Raceroom Racing Experience: Sector3 Development Stream

42829436tt.jpg

Sector3 has held a new dev stream about the upcoming Raceroom Racing Experience update.

Gentlemen, start your engines: there's an R3E update coming out next week, with dedicated servers and other new features.

The stream mentioned many new contents boiling in the Sector3 pot, but I reckon that the WTCC 14 pack is the one we'll be seeing first. WTCC 14 will not be an experience, and it will be made of a car pack and separate track releases. The devs mentioned that we'll definitely be seeing Macau and Shanghai soon.
There's no release date for the carpack yet, but it's going to be "as soon as possible".

Confirmed, also, is the future introduction of open wheelers, with a Formula 4 style rookie car, a GP2-style car and a "high end F1 car". The studio has also teased the new Audi TT Sport Cup in the past few days, along with the Audi R18 (which will be added to the existing protoype class). New prototypes are also on the way, and they will possibly be split into Prototype 1 and Prototype 2 classes.

The update coming out next week will feature dedicated servers and a new clutch bite option along with the possibility to make manual starts (and jump starts). Among the raft of fixes (including a "huge AI improvement", we'll see faster menus and loading times and also an "experience" bar that will make switching between the game's several Experiences faster.

DTM 2015 skins will be included in the next update, but they will not be on sale. Those cars will only be available for "big online competitions", so stay tuned.
New graphics and sound options will be available next week as well.

Raceroom Racing Experience will receive in the future the Nordschleife in its many versions: the studio plan on releasing as many layouts as possible, including the Endurance one. The developers are currently working on finding a way to avoid a necessary outlap, since it's a fairly long circuit. Spa-Francorchamps is in the works as well.

You can watch the dev stream on Sector3's Twitch page by clicking here.

Last edited:
Then maybe @Jay Ekkel is spot on, just as I mentioned in the T500 thread, it might be down to your expectations of FFB not matching up with what the game delivers.

on the subject of FFB all bets are off with regards to personal preference and actual issues. That is normally my approach to these FFB discussions.

Not so long ago I tried someone else's sim rig in a different game (one we both drive) and his FFB settings were horrible, but he just kept raving about how he loved it and "how he could feel everything the car was doing" "was the best ever" and I felt completely disconnected from what was going on hating it to the bone.

So FFB issues, sometimes hard to find the "problem" every complaint and feedback is valid, but finding a solution for everyone's problem is the tough nut to crack ;)

to be fair though its all well and good saying FFB is subjective. but there needs to be some form of realism though. Whats the point if it doesn't resemble real driving, i mean most of us drive cars maybe track days maybe not. But we all know or feel when something feels right.

/

RRe feels nothing like any car I've driven, and that list includes many road/sport cars a rally car and a formula renault. No car ive driven when turning wants to pull the other way so dangerously that if you lessen your grip that car ends up in oscillation then spins out. No manufacturer would produce a car with such a defect. Or would end up with lawsuits left right and centre!!

This to me is no more simcade (whatever) than pcars, theyre both off in some way or another, no matter what way you look at it.

Just to be clear, i am not saying anyone or everyone is wrong, i am saying that when having the FFB discussion(s) it should be kept in mind, that someone's perfect (realistic) settings could be someone else's worst nightmare settings. On that regard its very subjective! ;)

jay while your here.

I was trying the new upgrade last nite, and was playing with numerous ffb settings. I noticed that setting the steering rack to 100% does eradicate this "centre force" slightly. I suppose that sort of makes sense, as theres no force from the tyres trying to bite back on turning load. This may or may not help you. Also is there a chance we can get the damper to work without the need to enable it in the driver for the wheel?

cheers

jay while your here.

I was trying the new upgrade last nite, and was playing with numerous ffb settings. I noticed that setting the steering rack to 100% does eradicate this "centre force" slightly. I suppose that sort of makes sense, as theres no force from the tyres trying to bite back on turning load. This may or may not help you. Also is there a chance we can get the damper to work without the need to enable it in the driver for the wheel?

cheers
What settings are u running dan?

i felt a little difference with steering rack at 100 and 0%.

I have tried everything jyri, in TM profiler and RRe ffb options.
So, have u tried turning down all the FFB sliders but the general FFB strength, and then upping one at the time and test to see how that changes the feel?
This is what I did on my T300, it took me a couple of hours but I finally found some settings that worked fine.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%