RaceRoom Racing Experience: Physics Test With DTM Driver Bruno Spengler

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Bruno Spengler DTM 2016 Physics Test.jpg

Sector3 Studios have recently run a live stream physics test with real life DTM driver and 2012 Champion Bruno Spengler, as the studio and driver put the W.I.P DTM 2016 pack for RaceRoom Racing Experience through its paces.

Created with the support of DTM drivers Spengler and Daniel Juncadella, the 2016 DTM pack promises to be one of the most comprehensively researched and designed content packs released for the simulation to date. As evidence of Sector3's faith in the current physics model of RaceRoom, the test with Spengler was broadcast live by Sector3 and fans were encouraged to ask questions of both the studio and Spengler, all while the Canadian factory BMW driver offers his feedback and suggestions about RaceRoom's yet to be released DTM content.

DTM 2016 RaceRoom .jpg

Sector3 have been rather active with the new DTM content of late, recently running a mammoth online competition allowing players to earn the right to compete at the season ending DTM Hockenheim round, using the new content, against eight current DTM drivers. The competition attracted over 250,000 hits on the Mercedes live stream page and was a great success for the relatively small development team. You can read our small interview with J-F Chardon and watch the highlights from the event here.

You can watch the DTM Physics Test with Bruno Spengler below:

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the simulation. We have some pretty epic club racing for this sim here at RaceDepartment, now is a great time to check it out for yourself... Go on, its awesome!

Are you looking forward to the latest DTM release for RaceRoom Racing Experience? How are you finding the simulation lately? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I enjoy R3E and its DTM a lot, but being in the US I don't follow DTM closely at all, which makes it harder and harder every year for me to feel willing to make new purchases of DTMs of another year, especially when I usually can find a race that still uses the old DTM packs. Maybe there are just way too many exciting things going on in the sim racing world for me to get dedicated to this one very racing series. I guess I probably will spend that money on a URD mod or iRacing content.

I used to enjoy R3E and DTM a lot, but i have moved on to racing in VR. Unlike all the main sims there's no telling when or even if R3E will ever have VR support. There's no intention at all from the devs to invest in this future tech as far we know right now.

Too bad since i already invested a lot of money in R3E.

I used to enjoy R3E and DTM a lot, but i have moved on to racing in VR. Unlike all the main sims there's no telling when or even if R3E will ever have VR support. There's no intention at all from the devs to invest in this future tech as far we know right now.
Actually they confirm right in this video that they are working on VR right now, and that it is so much requested for live events and stage shows that VR will be coming in the future for sure.

;)

-------

Personally, I use three racing titles: often Assetto Corsa, sometimes Dirt Rally, and often Raceroom. Others said it before, and I agree: its the most underrated sim on the racing market currently, and it is so much better by now than it was years ago and after its premature release, thanks to hard work over the past two years since S3 took over, so that now it deserves much more attention and respect. Really, its >very< good stuff. Drives well, looks beautiful, sounds awesome.

I am 99.9% single player, however, cannot comment on MP.

Last edited:
Sometimes i get my soundkick with R3E. Haven't played DTM at all allthough i own 13 and 14.
The games progress is just too slow. Im not interested in more cars. But thats just the deal i guess. Luckily there are enough peeps still enjoying R3E and DTM

They should have fixed the DTM 2013 physics instead of just expecting me to buy the newer years to get a playable experience. I would probably have bought 2015 later if I had any trust in them.
There's nothing to fix regarding the older DTM cars. The cars have changed over the years, so why would you want them to copy the physics of the 2016 cars over to the 2013 cars?

There's nothing to fix regarding the older DTM cars. The cars have changed over the years, so why would you want them to copy the physics of the 2016 cars over to the 2013 cars?
They fixed the physics for a lot of cars after a few years as part of their overhaul. Some of the early free content and DTM 2013 were left as is. It feels like garbage. But you can defend them as much as you want if you think I've hurt their feelings.

mod edit, no personal abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
They fixed the physics for a lot of cars after a few years as part of their overhaul. Some of the early free content and DTM 2013 were left as is. It feels like garbage. But you can defend them as much as you want if you think I've hurt their feelings.
You simply don't know what "fixing" means. You fix something that's broken. The older cars aren't broken. There's nothing to fix. Get it now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brent Mills

Brent Mills
You simply don't know what "fixing" means. You fix something that's broken. The older cars aren't broken. There's nothing to fix. Get it now?

Actually they are broken. The physics are all off and have this terrible floaty feeling at the back. They did a big physics overhaul a year or 2 back which fixed this feeling for some of the classes like GT3, but they left dtm 13 as it was, which just feels terrible compared to the new physics.

Stayed on the sidelines waiting for something I was interested in...until the GTO Pack was released which I simply couldn't resist. Along with that I also bought Nords (which was a HUGE disappointment because due to grip or physics flaws I was taking so many turns flat out or a gear higher then I should be able to) and Mid-OH which was GREAT. I really like R3E's graphics which I find to be really easy on the eyes ; like Automobilista. Kinda like..."Just the facts, ma'am" plus without excess aliasing or distracting flickering.

Everything was great...until things began to get fiddly regarding locking the camera to the horizon and that is when I shelved it. Might start it up again if someone can tell me a straightforward way to lock camera to horizon which doesn't require testing.

Possibly the best thing R3E has going for it is that I think it is the only sim that is at least attempting to produce full series.

In my case, the problem is that I could only justify buying a lot of content in R3E if it was my exclusive sim which it can't be because Automobilista exists ;) and I am literally overwhelmed by all of the content in that sim and it just keeps coming.

Without AMS, however, I could definitely see spending more time in R3E because it seems they have done an amazing job with it.

There is also the GTL2 project coming which will surely rock my world if level of quality is like GTL.

...and Simbin is being resurrected, too.

Such exciting times!!!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 77 18.7%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 67 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.7%