1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured RaceRoom Racing Experience: New Silverstone Addition to Contain 5 Layouts

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Silverstone logo.jpg
    Sector3 Studios, by way of game producer J-F Chardon, have confirmed plans to bring a total of five different layouts to the upcoming Silverstone Grand Prix track for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Following the recent announcement that work on developing Silverstone for R3E has restarted following the release of the epic laserscanned Nordschleife, Chardon has informed fans the studio are aiming to achieve a total of five layouts for the circuit, much to the expected delight of players. Although host to the FIA Formula One World Championship and FIA World Endurance Championship, Silverstone holds many regular national series events for lower powered Formula and closed cockpit vehicles, often utilising some of the many smaller configurations of the track more suited to less powerful machines.

With the many Touring Car and low power junior formulae vehicles currently available in RaceRoom, the smaller configurations of the circuit do make perfect sense from a gaming perspective. Unfortunately although a Historic GP Circuit layout is planned, it will not be the original track containing the Bridge Corner section, but instead the current configuration that utilises the original pit lane before Copse corner.

The full list of layouts proposed by Sector3 can be seen below:

GP Arena Circuit
    Silverstone GP Layout.png

International Circuit
    Silverstone International Layout.png

National Circuit
    Silverstone National Layout.png

Long National Circuit
    Silverstone Long National Circuit.png
    Historic GP Circuit (as it is raced today) (modern layout but old pits and fast chicanes)
    Silverstone Historic GP Layout.png

No release date for Silverstone has been announced, and as with any work in progress project the planned layouts may be subject to change.

Read more news, engage in discussions, download a setup or join in the on track fun for yourself. All this and more in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Which version of the Silverstone track do you like the most? Looking forward to trying the track in game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 3
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Embarrassingly, Backmarker Champion 2015 & 2016 Staff Premium Member

Historic all the way. Although National will be great with lower powered cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

I like the National layout, as you say Kenny, its perfect for low power stuff and tin tops too :)

4. DesKane

DesKane
    dksRacing Kaney Premium Member

not my favourite or strongest circuit (GP), but sure the R3E team will do a cracking job of this, enjoying R3E at the moment so will definitely add this track to my list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Embarrassingly, Backmarker Champion 2015 & 2016 Staff Premium Member

Should be great for club races, now if only Brands GP as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ha, you spelt it wrong Kenny.

The correct spelling is Donington Park.

Tut tut tut

• Haha Haha x 7
  7. Metalogic

Metalogic
    Premium Member

Fantastic that they're making all these layouts available!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Metalogic

Metalogic
    Premium Member

I think the Historic GP Circuit is what they use the Blancpain GT races, right?

9. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    From the land of Mounties and Maple Syrup Premium Member

And the "Good News" train just keeps on rolling. I'm swimming in a pool of optimism. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Metalogic

Metalogic
    Premium Member

I just need them to release the new AMG GT3 before Silverstone is released so that I can race it on this track...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    From the land of Mounties and Maple Syrup Premium Member

And I will gladly race alongside you in the M6! :thumbsup:

12. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

I am more simple, want a Alfa Romeo and a Ferrari on Sebring

13. So historic is just the current, circa 2010 layout using the old pitlane?

I can think of other layouts for which the term 'historic' would be more fitting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. kedy89

kedy89
    Premium Member

GT layout or something like that would be more fitting.

Any particular reason why the National Circuit layout uses the old trackmap of Silverstone? :whistling:

15. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Because the best website to get the images from was down at the time of writing ;) :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Blancpain series uses the same configuration as the f1 cars. However when they run historic events at the circuit (Silverstone classic for example) this is the layout they use.

The only real difference is they use the old club corner rather than the much newer tighter version.

Before the major circuit update they also used to miss out the Abby chicane. I'm assuming it was simply to make it easier on the elderly brake systems. Especially the brave souls driving cars with drum brakes. Haha.

EDIT: I kind of understand what you mean now. Yes they use the heritage pits on the old start finish straight for the Blancpain series. However it's the f1 circuit layout they use :thumbsup: Not sure why but my assumption at the time was it's cheaper for the organisers maybe.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  17. :( No Bridge GP layout....

• Sad Sad x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Yeah it's disappointing that. I had my fingers crossed as it wouldn't have taken too much tweaking to make it work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium Member

...any new content is always great news :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1