RaceRoom Multiplayer Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom 2.12.16 Hotfix.jpg

Sector3 Studios have released a small hotfix update for the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation, aimed at addressing the severe online issues effecting the title since the recent major update back in November.

The small 301MB hotfix released today has a strong focus on addressing several issues causing online difficulties and disappearing opponents, however the studio have accepted this hotfix contains temporary workaround solutions as they look to address the issues in more detail - hopefully releasing a further update next week.

The full patch notes can be read below:

Game:

• Disabled “Peer 2 Peer” functionality in Multiplayer for the time being while investigating a problem with opponents disappearing.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur due to bad data.
  • Fixed a crash when loading adac championships.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred due to the background video in menus.
  • Updated localisation.
  • Added support for Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer steering wheel.
  • Made the Manual Control of Depth of Field bindable in control settings.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics, AI
  • Bathurst : New sets of TV cameras.
Art
  • Hungaroring : Resurface job to reduce bumpiness.
  • Red Bull Ring : Updated the track to its current design
Known Issues:
  • In multiplayer player may not be able to refuel. To avoid this issue, please ensure that the dedicated server is set to use “Custom/RRE” for “Race Series Format”.
  • In multiplayer players may experience Disqualifications. To avoid this issue please ensure the dedicated server has “Flag Rules” set to OFF and “non ready pitlane start delay” to 0 (OFF).
  • In multiplayer players may experience issues with reverse grid working incorrectly. To avoid this issue please ensure the dedicated server has “Reverse Start Order Places” set to OFF.
    These are temporary workarounds until we provide you with another hotfix patch hopefully next week.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation available exclusively for PC. Additional paid content is available for the game via the RaceRoom Store and can be purchased separately.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding the simulation. We have a few select mods to download, a ton of setups created by our community and our pièce de résistance the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club. Head over to our club and join in a selection of races for all different skills and experiences. Top TeamSpeak banter and great racing, exclusive to premium members of RD.

Have you tried the new R3E update? Has the hotfix resolved your online multiplayer issues? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I was trying to check out what new features the game has after the last massive update, but all I get is 12002 error and I can't even play Singleplayer. I don't believe anymore that Sector3 will make this one finished.

even worse after the latest patch, i'm afraid. i used to get the 12002 error mentioned above, now the game just crashes completely upon following the invitation to "hit any key". the crash leads to my mouse no longer working on the surface of the account i use under windows 10. i have to spidergrip out and tell windows to change to another account, reboot the pc etc. very tiresome.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000