Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom FR US.png

Sector3 Studios Georg Ortner has today streamed a live session driving the yet to be released Formula RaceRoom US IndyCar style racer due to join RaceRoom Racing Experience shortly.

The Dallara inspired open wheel machine is scheduled to be added to RaceRoom Racing Experience as additional paid content early next week, and to help give fans a taste of what is to come Ortner has streamed via his YouTube account several track sessions behind the wheel of this exciting new machine.

As can be seen from the preview images and on-board footage, the Formula RaceRoom US is a very close representation of the 2016 specification IndyCar Dallara that makes up the field in America's premier open wheel racing championship.

Upon it's public release next week the car will become the fastest vehicle currently available in RaceRoom. With over 675hp and considerable amounts of downforce on hand for players to utilise the car should provide an interesting driving challenge for gamers looking to engage with something a little quicker than the most popular GT3 category in game.

No exact release date has been made available by Sector3 Studios, however a release early next week is expected for the car, alongside a new patch to the game.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free - additional car and track packs can be purchased in the game store.

RaceRoom Formula RaceRoom US 2.jpg
RaceRoom Formula RaceRoom US 4.jpg
RaceRoom Formula RaceRoom US.jpg
RaceRoom Formula RaceRoom US 3.jpg

Take a look at the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience forum for news, discussions, setups and of course our superb Racing Club events! If you want to prove you are one of the best sim racing drivers here at RaceDepartment.

Last edited:
Looks promising but it's a pity RaceRoom doesn't include any ovals. Clearly IndyCar is much more than oval racing but completely having to do without them sucks. URD's IndyCar mod for Assetto Corsa is also great but there's the same problem.

Tony

APIA RACING
Well if the guy from sector 3 does not even use triples I can see why they have not bothered to support it, really disappointing part of the game.
I might buy him a triple monitor setup and he might change his mind.

It looks & sounds fantastic ! Lets just hope Sector3 do the right thing and release it as a pack and not sell us one car / one livery then have to buy all the other liveries via micro-transactions, that really gets my goat when they do that !

They did it with the last F3 car they released, which also is a fun car to drive but just make the price a little more and give us all liveries please.

It looks & sounds fantastic ! Lets just hope Sector3 do the right thing and release it as a pack and not sell us one car / one livery then have to buy all the other liveries via micro-transactions, that really gets my goat when they do that !

They did it with the last F3 car they released, which also is a fun car to drive but just make the price a little more and give us all liveries please.

Quite - though I wouldn't mind if both options were offered, i.e. buying as a complete pack OR just buy the car and the liveries you want

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 134 26.7%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 87 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.0%
  • €3001-5000