Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience Callaway Corvette.jpg

The long awaited Callaway Corvette for RaceRoom Racing Experience is nearly here, check out the new real sound trailer below.

Announced seemingly another lifetime ago, the Callaway Corvette has been in the works by Sector3 Studios for quite a while now, initially confirmed to the world as long ago as October last year and now finally looking to see the light of day in the public build of the game.

Speaking on the official social media channels for the studio, Sector3 have confirmed the beautiful and highly successful GT3 specification car will form part of the next major build release of RaceRoom Racing Experience, bundled together with a considerable reworking of all the GT3 physics in the simulation.

To help build anticipation ahead of the big release and celebrate the teams recent ADAC GT Masters Championship, the studio have released a nice new 'real sound' trailer of the car in action at the German Grand Prix hosting Hockenheim circuit. Check out the trailer yourself below;

To remind ourselves of what we have to look forward to, the Callaway Corvette is a custom built GT3 racing machine developed by the privateer German outfit Callaway Competition, based in in Leingarten, Germany.

Winner of three of the 14 events during this years' running of the German based ADAC GT Masters series, drivers Jules Gounon, Daniel Keilwitz (rounds 1-3, 7), Renger van der Zande (rounds 4, 6) and Albert Costa (round 5) would go on to take the car to a healthy 18 point victory in the team championship, with Gounon taking drivers honours ahead of sometime team mate Keilwitz by 51 points.

Callaway Corvette GT3 specs

Width:
2042 mm (80.4 in.)
Wheelbase: 2713 mm (106.8 in.)
Overall Length: 4592 mm (188.7 in.)
Homologation Weight: 1240 kg (2734 lb.)
Chassis: Aluminium
Engine Type: 8 Cylinder V, 90° Bank Angle
Power: 550 - 600 HP (depending on Air-Restrictor)
Engine Displacement: 6245 cc (381 cid)

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum is the best place to enjoy the simulation online. We have an awesome club racing scene, open to all skills and experiences. Check out the club today, and swing by our sub forum here at RaceDepartment to discuss the game with you fellow fans and catch all the latest news.

Are you excited to see another top quality GT3 car added to RaceRoom? Looking forward to checking out the Corvette? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
You need to point out what kind of FFB is "your cup of tea", otherwise we can't tell is it good or bad.

To me, it still doesn't feel solid like Assetto Corsa... it feels a bit too "stiff" or I'd say not that smooth. But again I'm using a G29 so it isn't the best to tell whether it's good or not.

What I do know is, the clutch feels disgusting....
Low to the minimum the lateral forces, put the vertical forces between 50-100, depend the car increase or decrease the smoothing.
r3e ffb is great, but it is complex in its set-up.

Last edited:
So FFB is likely the same since you tried. There is a lot of tweaking you can do with it to get different feeling, but if you already tried everything you likely still won't get it to where you want now.

As for content I really like the WTCC and been driving the F4 a lot. Though my suggestion is what I did, just take the plunge and get the premium pack. If you get it on sale it is basically the price, or less, then buying any new game. You get every piece of co tent currently in the game (tracks, cars, and liveries). Also seeing as though you already own some content, that will be deducted from the pack price so your not paying for it again.

I wish everyone in the community could discuss our beloved hobby as level headed as this.

We've had this chat at RD before, but I'm a firm believer in this philosophy: physics is physics. The core of any credible sim is gonna boil down to the same kinds of formula/constants of every other sim (yeah, approaches and complexity vary, but at the end of the day it's some code that calculates tire/surface interaction on the fly within a rough approximation of the real world). Now, how the dev chooses to convey those physics to you given the limited output channels at their disposal...that, my friends, is art. With art, one man's trash is another man's treasure (and so on).

I wish this philosophy was better embraced in our community. There might be a really popular sim that "everyone" seems to love that just may not speak to you. You should be able to think/say/type that without being a bunghole and at the same time not expect to have a bunch of zealots chase you off with pitchforks and torches.

End of rant. Sorry to perhaps make a mountain out of a molehill, but I just feel like more interaction like what I've quoted above would be very nice to see.

You can change the "clutch biting point" in controller settings (advanced settings). It helped me a lot because I had the same feeling: It had been disgusting. A couple of days ago I stumble across that setting. Now, the clutch comes earlier and I can pull away much more smoothly.
You can also adjust the clutch bite-point by using DIView to hard-set your clutch pedal travel characteristics so that it works much the same across all titles.

Speaking of updates, a 2.2 GB update is downloading now. It's not the Sep 12 update (already have that) and I don't see any news? So is the new content and/or does it include triple screen support?

I also got a 2.2gb update this morning. I know for sure I was already up to date so this is something new. I check sector 3 forums and everywhere else that lost new on updates and have found nothing. So who knows, hopefully some good stuff.

I also got a 2.2gb update this morning. I know for sure I was already up to date so this is something new. I check sector 3 forums and everywhere else that lost new on updates and have found nothing. So who knows, hopefully some good stuff.

So I just checked Sector 3's forum again and found this.

28-09-2017
Prepared files for upcoming events and content release.

Game:
  • Fixed a game crash that could sometimes occur simultaneously for several players at the end of multiplayer races.
Art:
  • Aquila - New driver animation
  • Canhard R51 - New driver animation
  • Cougar C14-1 - New driver animation
  • Saleen S7R - New driver animation
  • Color balancing work on the global light settings. More adjustments will be done to further improve in later patches.
  • Imola - Additional tweaks and fixes, minor elevation adjustment when coming up to Variante Alta.

Doesn't seem like much for a 2.2gb patch. I assume that the new content is probably in there just not released to buy yet.

In case you arent aware, this should be in the next major update.
Was that mentioned somewhere or is this insider info? I only noticed mentions of work being started on triple screen support.

In any way, although it doesn't concern me, only having a single screen, it's great news, given how often triple screen support seems to pop up when people are complaining.

Speaking of updates, a 2.2 GB update is downloading now. It's not the Sep 12 update (already have that) and I don't see any news? So is the new content and/or does it include triple screen support?

This update today was apparently just a 'hotfix' and prepping the game for future content releases. The next big update should come later in October.

Was that mentioned somewhere or is this insider info? I only noticed mentions of work being started on triple screen support.

In any way, although it doesn't concern me, only having a single screen, it's great news, given how often triple screen support seems to pop up when people are complaining.

Not insider info as far as I can tell :p I know it has been officially stated that triple screens is in the works. Perhaps I mistook this comment for how soon the feature will release. Cant recall if I saw anything else more definitive on the release schedule for triple screens, sorry. It definitely is being worked on though, and I know the devs want to get a lot out in the next big update.

I wish everyone in the community could discuss our beloved hobby as level headed as this.

For what it's worth, I have always found the RR community to be the best in sim racing. Least amount of vitriol between users, least amount of fanboys bashing other games, etc. Just people that enjoy a game and want to see it improve. There has been a lot of productive discussion not only here, but on the Sector3 forum as well, and it certainly pushes the devs to work on things the community wants. :)

Just to add a little info regarding the Patch-Size... I guess the phrase "small" was ment on the content not in the File-Size of the patch ;) As some already noticed, Sepang was in that Hotfix-Patch - when it will be available for us... hm, we will see.
A release of a track always mean a bigger Download-Size...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.9%