• This Website Is Not For Sale
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race07 on Oculus Rift: possible?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Insert Coin, Jul 28, 2016.

1. I bought an Oculus Rift a month ago and I like it very much. Assetto Corsa is great on the Rift, but I would like to race online with good ol' Race07 since my friends are using that game (all without VR headsets). Does anyone have a suggestion how to run Race07 on the Rift, with head tracking?

2. I don't think there is a way and if there was it would probably not feel nearly as good as games with official support. VorpX doesn't support Race07 and i wouldn't recommend VorpX anyway.

You could give Tridef a chance, it doesn't officially support Race07, but it does have support for GTR2 & GTR Evolution https://www.tridef.com/user-guide/supported-games/international-games?string=gtr

Tridef with virtual desktop or bigscreen beta might give you a curved big screen in 3d on which you can look left/right, but it not nearly as good as full VR support.

I love the rift, but it has ruined all normal 2d gaming for me. Games (especially race games) just aren't immersive anymore when playing them on my 55" tv. I don't even use the triple tv's anymore

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. I played it in big screen using Virtual Desktop and it was fun. It was like having a very large screen very close. Once I adjusted the FOV it was certainly better than using a single monitor. Other than that, I can't comment on any other method.

• Like Like x 1