Race Department Forum Racing - Season 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lutz wins at last, Ancevski grabs the title!
R14 Results.PNG

On a day where it was all about the battle between the two Alpine's for the championship, it were the Lotus drivers who took the spoils today as they quite dominantly finished off the season. Lutz finally grabs his maiden win of the season and what better way to finish off the season and grab 3rd in the championship than winning down under. The title fight got intense even before the start of the race as Ancevski couldn't even take part of the race due to an electrical glitch with his car. This meant Tobi Kederer needed to win to clinch yet another title. The sad part for him was that the Lotus cars seemed unstoppable today and he could only manage third. This means Ancevski grabbed his maiden championship by 4 points. Laad and Said finished tied on points but Said clinching fourth because of the amount of wins.

With this I want to wish everyone a merry christmas in advance! I hope you all have a lovely time with family and loved ones. I will post a statistical analysis after the christmas days, so stay tuned!​

Last edited:
@Tim.E thanks for a great season! I wish I were awake for more of the race starts, so I think finishing P3 was the absolute best I could have done.

@Márk Lintner thanks for being a great teammate! We have some work to do next season to catch up with that Alpine, which was just unstoppable.

As for this race, I think we nailed it on the opposite tyre strategies. I was able to ride those soft tyres at their peak a little longer than expected, which allowed Mark to do the same when he switched off the mediums early. It gave us quite a gap on the overcut, which was totally unexpected.

Thanks for the season Tim and congrats to Milos!

Once again I had a terrible beginning to a season, so I couldn't catch-up later. It was still a nice battle for 4th and I'm happy to take that.

Merry Christmas all!

Last edited:
@Tim.E thanks for a great season! I wish I were awake for more of the race starts, so I think finishing P3 was the absolute best I could have done.

@Márk Lintner thanks for being a great teammate! We have some work to do next season to catch up with that Alpine, which was just unstoppable.

As for this race, I think we nailed it on the opposite tyre strategies. I was able to ride those soft tyres at their peak a little longer than expected, which allowed Mark to do the same when he switched off the mediums early. It gave us quite a gap on the overcut, which was totally unexpected.
Thx too, we got 2nd place in constructors, which is a really good position for the first year in lotus.

The car was good. We got the settings quite right.

Congrats again Milos on your maiden title, tried my best but you simply were better. Nonetheless a good season for me overall, another 3 wins to the tally and the constructors' title.

And thanks Tim for moderating this season.

RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 36 - Statistics

Let's start with the regular teammate comparisons:

Teammate Comparisons.PNG

As you can see the two title rivals and teammate's were equal on race performances, with Kederer grabbing the early advantage but Ancevski slowly but surely grabbed back the advantage to take the title by 4 points! For the other teams we see some really one-sided affairs with Utzer only managing to outperform his teammate once, that was when he took his only podium and win of the season in Spain. Omer Said also dominated his teammate but had to get to grips with his car in the early part of the season, whereas he too, just like Ancevski, started to reel in the results in the second half of the season.

Next up are the regular stats:
Stats.PNG

Most noticable here are the win and pole of Utzer in Spain considering his season, the weird pole by Stevinho in the final grand prix of the season and the fact that Kederer scored more podiums than his title-winning teammate.

Moving on with the race-by-race stats:
Race By Race Results.PNG

Seasonal Graph.PNG

What we can see here is that Kederer dominated the field in the early stages of the season, grabbing his biggest advantage when he took his third win in Belgium, a margin of 13 points to Lutz back then. You can also see the steep uprise of Ancevski and Said after the Belgian Grand Prix. It seemed their time of during the season break had helped them to recharge their batteries and go out all guns blazing. Jimmy Laad's season has been quite lackluster with only 4 podiums, and a lot of 3rd and 4th places. He, however, together with Tobi Kederer, were the only ones who managed to score at least one point in every race this season, a feat even champ Ancevski couldn't achieve. You can also see here that Lutz has managed to keep himself in the title race for quite some fight but the double non-points finishes in Hungary and Serbia ruled him out of a possible title. He however, silenced all his doubters by grabbing the win in the final race of the season, showing his pace this season has been incredible as well. To finalise this, only one driver has managed to win his home grand prix, even with the advantage, and that was champ Ancevski. It seemed the pressure of the home crowd was difficult to endure for most of the drivers this year.

Let's move towards splitting the results to see where it might have gone wrong or well for the drivers:
Europe-only:
Europe Points.PNG

Rest-of-World-Only:

Rest of World Points.PNG

What stands out the most to me here is the poor performance by Said in the Rest-of-World races only managing to grab 16 points. Also Kederer managed to score a podium on every occasion when he was outside of Europe.

To finalise things, let's split up the results in sprint-only and non-sprint only races:
Sprint Races-only:
Sprint Races Onlly.PNG

Non-Sprint Races-only:

Non sprint races only.PNG

As you can see here Tobi Kederer and Lutz have been the best drivers when it came to the strategical races, however when it came down to the raw speed during the sprint races, Ancevski showed the rest his pace was almost unbeatable this season grabbing 4/7 wins in the sprint races. Mark Lintner was quite close to his rivals in the sprint races but buckeled a bit during the feature and reversed grid races. His season has been up-and-down scoring some very good results, even a win during his teammate's home race, but also having some poor results like in Japan and Greece where he never really seemed in contest of scoring a podium. Still he can be proud of his season and he'll be looking to be more consistent next time around and challenge the rest for the podium spots. Not a lot so far has been said about Old Wolf so I want to mention him as well. His season can be described by a lot of back luck, mixed with some mistakes but also sometimes just lacking the pace with his rivals. After the season finished it was clear that there were some internal arguments between Wolf and the team, him not being happy that Sauber invested most of their resources into teammate Said. It will be interesting to see what Wolf will do during the off-season.

With this I want to congratulate @Milos and and the Alpine team with @kedy89 on both titles, amazing season you had. I also want to thank everyone for your participation during this enthralling season of Forum Racing. I loved your interactivity with the post-race descriptions, it kept me motivated and enthousiastic to do this season for you. I wish everyone a good new year in advance and I hope to speak all of you in 2022!

Oh and regarding moderating next season, I'm thinking about doing one more, but it someone else feels like he wants to do it, please let me know!

Just one more silly thing I noticed early on in the season was the total races finished in P2:

Lutz 6
Kederer 2
Laad 2
Lintner 2
Ancevski 1
Said 1
Utzer 0
Wolf 0

Taking a win each time would have given me 24 additional points. Winning just two of them (Argentina and Germany) would have put me only 2 points behind Milos!!

Thank you Tim for the season! :inlove:
I'll take the moment to say I'm doing a Rosberg and not rejoining for another season of FR, probably never again. While I've started to finally enjoy this game with Tim's new additions, I will be looking to decrease my activity in racedepartment in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes