Race Department Forum Racing - Season 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
wgvpfd.png

Welcome to the 30th season of Race Department Forum Racing! Once again the reigning champion isn't around to defend the title, but fear not, for there are plenty of competitors hungry for success!

Joining
Joining is quick and simple. If you see a vacant spot at a team you like, just make a post stating your interest to join. Two drivers per team, first come first served!

You are able to chooce your car model ( need to be a real one, no fantasy), mean if you want to drive a 1960 car or a 2010 car, does'nt mathers, just provide a picture of it or tell me the model, i will find it for you.

Car number, last champion have the number 1, after it first to come with he's team will got the number following the champion team.

The Races
The most important part of the game. A race consists of the moderator making a post containing the words GOGOGO. After this, you must make specific posts in a certain order and time span as quickly as possible, depending on the type of race. A race will end when every contender finishes, or when 24 hours (or more, depending on availability of the moderator) have passed since the last finisher.

Sprint Race
As soon as a sprint race has started, you have to post "Finish". The one to post first wins.

Feature Race
When a feature race has started, you have to post "Start", then you have to wait 1h1min before posting "Pit", and after another 1h1min you must post "Finish". If you pit early, the hour and a minute is counted from the pitting, but penalties will still be applied. Times are based on the time stamp of your post (top left in the blue post-ribbon, hover your cursor over it to see the time).

2nd - 20
3rd - 18
4th - 15
5th - 12
6th - 11
7th - 10
8th - 9
9th - 8
10th - 7
11th - 6
12th - 5
13th - 4
14th - 3
15th - 2
All others who finish - 1
DNF - 0

Pole - 3 (only in Feature races, for the first one to post "Start")

Start times
Races will no longer have their unique starting hour for each one, starts can now happen anytime. The start times will still be spread somewhat equally, so that no timezone has a clear advantage/disadvantage. I don't want to rule it out completely, but especially on weekdays it's unlikely to happen due to work and I wanting to have a good night's sleep.

Gentleman's rule
In order to keep the game fun and interesting for everyone, you shouldn't set up email alerts for new replies in this thread. Past events have shown that it isn't healthy for the game itself, and that's it's more enjoyable for all participants if they're not used.

Penalties
You can't get a penalty for timing infringements in a sprint race. In the feature race, each minute you post a section of the race early will earn you a 30 minute penalty to your race time.

Tagging your team mate/other drivers during the race to get them to finish sooner isn't allowed. If you do tag your team mate if they haven’t yet finished, the person who tagged will get a 1 hour penalty, and the person tagged will get a 30 minute penalty, just in case it did help them finish earlier. If anyone tags someone not in their team who has not finished, you will get a 2 hour penalty, the person tagged will get no penalty. This does not stop you from contacting your team mate through the means of Private Messages.

After you post, you are not allowed to edit that post for 5 minutes. If you post early, you cannot re-post that same order, you must carry on from there and accept the penalty. This also applies to posting the wrong thing, where you must wait 5 minutes and post the correct thing. Your time will be counted from the correction onwards. After posting one of the components of a race (Start, Pit, Finish), if the same one is posted soon after, it will be classed as a correction. This means that times will be counted from that post. Penalties can still be given out for double posting within 5 minutes.

Inactivity
If you don't finish several races in succession, you will no longer be waited for regarding results. Furthermore, your seat can be taken by a new sign-up. If you finish again after having lost your seat, you'll have to join a new team.

Feel free to make suggestions, or ask if anything's unclear.

Last edited:
Teams and Drivers

Force India-Ferrari:
1-
Jimmy Laad
2- Ben Utzer
28jz71x.png

McLaren-Mercedes:
3-
Aidan Keranen
4- Tapio Rinneaho
14e2qtc.png

Williams-Renault:
5-
Jason Lutz
6- Omer Said
1957hx.png

Renault-Renault:
7-
Toby Kederer
8- Andrea Dovizioso
1zxmpvr.png

Jordan-Ford:
9-
Manolis Sigoulakis
10- Jack Laskey
ejezgz.png

Leyton House-Judd
11-
Luke Rosella
12- Old Wolf
20sefkp.png

Ferrari-Ferrari
14-
Tim Engberink
15- Oorjit Mishra
2h3t26e.png

Last edited:
Mate he can do it as he pleases, it doesn't have to be how you want it
All I've said is this is what we do. I never said "change it right now". Anyway, traditions are good, and I worked hard last season to get my car in the picture at the top, so of course I'm going to notice if it's not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.7%