Race Department Forum Racing - Season 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rinneaho wins season finale
The Finn rounded off the year with his second career win, for the first time beating his teammate Keranen in the final standings. Starting from pole position, he showed a faultless drive, to take first with a comfortable gap. Ancevski took 2nd place, promoting him to 4th in the standings. Sigoulakis completed the podium in 3rd, a good end to a rather disappointing season. New champion Laad came home in 4th place, not far behind Ancevski and Sigoulakis, but never really close enough to challenge them. Rossello beat Rosella in the duel for 5th place, taking his best career result so far. Keranen finished behind his countryman in 7th place, closely followed by Lutz. Mishra finished 9th, and Said beat Wolf for 10th place in a photo-finish. Engberink's 12th place means he remains in 3rd in the standings, with Utzer only finishing 13th the chance to snatch 2nd was there. Laskey was the last one to cross the line. Starting the race 2 laps down from the pits, he went on to cut the chicane every single lap to make up some time. It wasn't of much use though since he couldn't gain a single position, and also was handed a 60.5h post race time penalty. Dovizioso and Poirier both retired from the race, the former parked the car in the garage with gearbox issues, the latter was missing an engine in his car. He tried doing the race the Fred Flintstone way, but didn't get far.

R12.PNG

this has been a new experience for me and i have enjoyed it. A bit disappointed though, because I had a good run early in the season, but went a bit pear shaped later on (a bit like my Formula FG season :O_o:).

I will be back next season for sure!

Drivers' champion: Jimmy Laad @Jimlaad43
trophy-small-jpg.80262

Constructors' champion: Jordan @Jimlaad43 @Benutzername
trophy-small-jpg.80262

Rookie of the year: Luke Rosella @ME9Swe
trophy-small-jpg.80262

Jimmy Laad became the champion with fewest wins (1) in the history of Forum Racing. Previously this number was at 3, set by Pullen (S2), Laad (S21), and Harvey (S27). Consistency was key for the Brit, finishing all 12 races in the top 6. 2nd placed Utzer only had 7 of 12.

10 drivers have taken a win in the 12 races, the only one to win multiple times being Tim Engberink with 3. This is the second highest number after Season 21, which saw 11 winners, albeit in 20 races.

It wasn't the first time that the driver with most wins in a season didn't win the title. Previous instances were in Season 12 (Broström 5 - Higgins 8), Season 19 (Sigoulakis 4 - Wolf 6), Season 21 (Laad 3 - Diaconescu 4) and Season 27 (Harvey 3 - Engberink 5).

With only 12 races this season was the shortest since Season 2 (10 races).

Laad now is one of 7 drivers to have won the title more than once.

2nd place for Utzer in the standings is a career best in his 12 seasons of racing.

As in Season 27, Engberink didn't win the title, although he took the most wins over the course of the season.

Except for his debut season, Ancevski finished in the top 5 of the standings in each season of competing.

The win at Monaco was the 10th in Old Wolf's career, 5 in the standings his best since his debut in Season 19.

Lutz is getting closer to the top 20 of the all time points ranking, having moved up to 22nd now.

Rounding off the season with his 2nd career win, Rinneaho also won the team duel against Keranen for the first time.

Rosella impressed in his debut season, taking the win at Spielberg and a further 3 podiums.

Said took his first win since Season 26, and further increased his lead in the overall points ranking.

Despite his worst result in the final standings since Season 18 (13th), Keranen kept his series of at least 1 win per season running, which he started back in Season 22.

Sigoulakis had his worst season since Season 22, with his last race win dating back to Season 24.

Mishra returned after a sabbatical last season, the 2 3rd places late in the season marking his 4th and 5th career podium.

Rossello lost the battle of the rookies against Rosella, being 1 of only 3 drivers who didn't finish on the podium at least once this season.

Laskey was one of the other 2, 14th in the standings being his worst result since his debut in Season 25, where he only drove the last 3 races.

Poirier made a surprise comeback, having left Forum Racing midway in Season 26. He was the 3rd driver without podium, also still waiting for his first race win.

Only 1 top 6 finish for Dovizioso, with a 2nd place at Spain. In an otherwise abysmal season he retired 2 times, and finished in last place 5 times.

That's it from my side, hope you all enjoyed the season. Quite happy with how it turned out, more drivers than I expected did sign up, and apart from Jim a quite close competition. Was great to see so many different race winners, and almost everyone getting at least one podium. Thanks all for participating!
Over and out!

Drivers' champion: Jimmy Laad @Jimlaad43
trophy-small-jpg.80262

Constructors' champion: Jordan @Jimlaad43 @Benutzername
trophy-small-jpg.80262

Rookie of the year: Luke Rosella @ME9Swe
trophy-small-jpg.80262

Jimmy Laad became the champion with fewest wins (1) in the history of Forum Racing. Previously this number was at 3, set by Pullen (S2), Laad (S21), and Harvey (S27). Consistency was key for the Brit, finishing all 12 races in the top 6. 2nd placed Utzer only had 7 of 12.

10 drivers have taken a win in the 12 races, the only one to win multiple times being Tim Engberink with 3. This is the second highest number after Season 21, which saw 11 winners, albeit in 20 races.

It wasn't the first time that the driver with most wins in a season didn't win the title. Previous instances were in Season 12 (Broström 5 - Higgins 8), Season 19 (Sigoulakis 4 - Wolf 6), Season 21 (Laad 3 - Diaconescu 4) and Season 27 (Harvey 3 - Engberink 5).

With only 12 races this season was the shortest since Season 2 (10 races).

Laad now is one of 7 drivers to have won the title more than once.

2nd place for Utzer in the standings is a career best in his 12 seasons of racing.

As in Season 27, Engberink didn't win the title, although he took the most wins over the course of the season.

Except for his debut season, Ancevski finished in the top 5 of the standings in each season of competing.

The win at Monaco was the 10th in Old Wolf's career, 5 in the standings his best since his debut in Season 19.

Lutz is getting closer to the top 20 of the all time points ranking, having moved up to 22nd now.

Rounding off the season with his 2nd career win, Rinneaho also won the team duel against Keranen for the first time.

Rosella impressed in his debut season, taking the win at Spielberg and a further 3 podiums.

Said took his first win since Season 26, and further increased his lead in the overall points ranking.

Despite his worst result in the final standings since Season 18 (13th), Keranen kept his series of at least 1 win per season running, which he started back in Season 22.

Sigoulakis had his worst season since Season 22, with his last race win dating back to Season 24.

Mishra returned after a sabbatical last season, the 2 3rd places late in the season marking his 4th and 5th career podium.

Rossello lost the battle of the rookies against Rosella, being 1 of only 3 drivers who didn't finish on the podium at least once this season.

Laskey was one of the other 2, 14th in the standings being his worst result since his debut in Season 25, where he only drove the last 3 races.

Poirier made a surprise comeback, having left Forum Racing midway in Season 26. He was the 3rd driver without podium, also still waiting for his first race win.

Only 1 top 6 finish for Dovizioso, with a 2nd place at Spain. In an otherwise abysmal season he retired 2 times, and finished in last place 5 times.

That's it from my side, hope you all enjoyed the season. Quite happy with how it turned out, more drivers than I expected did sign up, and apart from Jim a quite close competition. Was great to see so many different race winners, and almost everyone getting at least one podium. Thanks all for participating!
Over and out!
thanks for running the season. A nice, compact routine season to get us all happy about Forum Racing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.9%