• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Race #16, Japan: Post-Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by John-Eric Saxén, Oct 2, 2010.

1. John-Eric Saxén

John-Eric Saxén

Ratings:
    +746
    LIVE BROADCAST REPLAY

Feel free to discuss the race in this thread, as long as it is within the forum rules. ​

2. Raino Rõõm

Raino Rõõm

Ratings:
    +40
    Race start was good , i managed to keep my position, behind De Matos who was slower than me in 1st and 2nd stint.
    I was stuck behind him. But yes last lap i blowed my enigne [​IMG] , just so unlucky:D
    I hope better result in next race.

3. Atze Kerkhof

Atze Kerkhof

Ratings:
    +33
    Raino! Great pace! congrats, you'll be a big one next couple of races. Too bad of your engine blow :p at least that will never happen to you in the future :)

Quali: pretty close. I was soo happy and maybe even lucky with my pole, because I totally messed up pretty much every attempt for a good time. 0.004 sec was the margin that saved me a pole :) Big relieve..

Race: Became quite clear that my racepace was good enough, so I could push hard in 'save mode' and create a small gap on de matos. I chose to do a 2 stopper, although I wasn't sure until the moment I decided to turn my car into the pitlane. The car felt great again in race and very stable.

Very very happy with this win, but I don't know if it would've been such a comfortable race if Stahre, Dominguez and Kanitz were able to race this one. Congrats to Joakim and de Matos. Tomorrow WC, gonna be exciting :D

4. Raino Rõõm

Raino Rõõm

Ratings:
    +40
    It don't happen again because i didnt use motec what shows me engine wear, now i have this program what show's me :)

And thank you :p , i hope i can give u some fight in next races :D

5. Jeffrey Rietveld

Jeffrey Rietveld

Ratings:
    +65
    NVM.

6. Jack Keithley

Jack Keithley

Ratings:
    +66
    Grats Atze and the other podiums - sucked for Raino but he'll bounce back :p

I didnt really have anything for anyone as i had a rotten cold and could not string one mistake free lap together all race or even in Q.

Had a bit of luck early on when a couple of cars went wide/off at T1 which got me up into 4th until i pitted, but i messed up my entry and got a d/t which effectively ended my chances of a top 5. Had a nice scrap with MP for what at the time was 10th, but with retirements we both got top 10's.

Shame really as i love this track and we had a really good car and it sucked that i felt so crappy.