1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race #04, China: Race Briefing

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by David Dominguez, May 1, 2011.

1. Welcome to the 4th race of the 2011 Formula SimRacing World Throphy season in China.

The password to join the server will be visible when you log in to GPCOS in the Control Center next to the server's IP address.

Following drivers (9) have automatically gained the right to race in Grid 1. The listed drivers are NOT ALLOWED to take part in Pre-Qualifying:

Allocations: 28

Penalties to apply

License status

Schedule:
    The Pre-Qualifying session will be 10 minutes in length. The session will be run in Private mode without Parc Ferme. The session will also be closed, this means that it will impossible for people to join while the session is running. The top 17 from Pre-Qualifying will make it in to Grid 1.

The Free Practice session will be 10 minutes in length and will be run in the "Practice 1" session. Every participating driver should join as soon as possible after the server opens to make sure that they don't miss the start of Qualifying and also to make sure that their game is configured & working properly.

The Qualifying 1 session will be 10 minutes in length and will be run in the "Practice 2" session. Drivers can use what ever setup they want, as long as they only drive with qualifying fuel loads.

The Qualifying 2 session will be 5 minutes in length. Only the top 10 drivers from Qualifying 1 will be allowed to go out on track. Drivers will be allowed to do one flying lap (one outlap, hotlap and inlap). Parc Ferme will be enforced. You will only be allowed to change your fuel load, engine boost, engine brakemap, front wing angle, steering lock, brake balance and brake pressure after the session is over, so make sure you have your race setup loaded when entering Qualifying 2. The session will be closed, meaning if you happen to join late, or for some reason drop out of the server during the session, you will not be able to rejoin the server until the server has moved to Warmup.

The Warmup session will be 10 minutes in length. While in the garage, make sure you add the appropriate amount of fuel in to your car for the race. Remember, refueling is banned. You can drive freely in the Warmup session to try to get a feel for the heavier car after qualifying on low fuel.

The Race will be 42 laps long. Drive safely during the race, especially at the start and the first lap in general.

Red Flags will NOT be used unless in very specific situations which are specified in the rule documents. The Safety car will not be available for use.

2. Cause of the "Participation Uncertain" I'm not in the group that doesn't have to do the PQ? :facepalm:

3. 10. Edgar Herrero ???

4. Yes but my name is in the PQ list, don't know if it changes if I confirm my allocation now. To do the PQ is not a problem at all, but that was strange for me to see

5. If your under "Participation Uncertain" it doesnt matter you can still do Pre-Q

6. Are you saying that you should be with the other guys that dont have to run PQ? As far as I know, only the top10 in the championship are safe from PQ, you're 13th.

7. So if you finish in top 10 and you aren't in the top 10 of the champ you got to do the PQ anyways? fail for me lol.

8. i'll try to drive, but with bit laps

9. Yeah, I thought it was on race position but it would appear that it's not.

Admin - Is the server down? I cant find it

10. Guys I cant find the server and even the IP did not work, any help?

11. Hey David please would you check ur pms as I sent you a msg.

Thx

12. I've read it now, and yes, you can.

13. Thx mate :)

14. where can i find the wt stream link?

15. www.psrtv.com , then click on "Watch Formula Sim Racing Broadcasts". Anyway it's still off I think.

16. :( isuck hard :'(

just me or is there only 26 people on??

17. Because Grid 1 is for top 26.

18. thaught was 27

19. 5. Grid Formation
    5.1 The 26 most successful drivers will race in Grid 1. Drivers participating in the pre-qualifying session are ranked based on their fastest lap time