• Race hard. Race fair.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race #02, Bahrain: Post-Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Mikko Puumalainen, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Mikko Puumalainen

Mikko Puumalainen

Ratings:
    +312
    Feel free to discuss the race in this thread, as long as it is within the forum rules.

2. Jernej Simončič

Jernej Simončič

Ratings:
    +115
    Sorry to the guy who's race was destroyed by my standing car at the start.

Well, what happened was this:
    on the formation lap suddenly one of the cars in front of me dissapeared, and reappeared, and it was really weird; and the server was constantly telling me "stay behind Keithley", but I was like 5 places behind Keithely. On the start there were some lags, some freezes/flashes that aren't really my problem, I had 150 fps and my connection is perfectly ok. So suddenly sth moved/flashed/lagged/whatever and I released the LC button but somehow the red lights were suddenly still on, and in the heat of the moment I stalled.

Just telling this as I wonder what's up and what should I do, it's really difficult to concentrate and start safely if there are flashes that have greater contrast than the 5 red lights.

3. Philipp Puschke

Philipp Puschke

Ratings:
    +113
    I just want to say sorry to everyone who was affected by my hardware problems.
    Really sorry.

4. Dmitry Zaharov

Dmitry Zaharov

Ratings:
    +396
    Great slideshow!

5. Johannes Kunkel

Johannes Kunkel

Ratings:
    +619
    Great Race today, nice to see such a big variety of strategies.

We are sorry for the broadcast problems again near the end of the race we will have to find a solution for this for the next race.

6. patrick de wit

patrick de wit

Ratings:
    +117
    what problems at the end??

7. Morgan Morand

Morgan Morand

Ratings:
    +461
    I didn't know my role in FSR race now is to be a pushing ball.. I surely have a magnet in my car. I need to check.

8. Franz Schnyder

Franz Schnyder

Ratings:
    +67
    When Stream 7 came on it began to lag hard. At the beginning stream was fine.

9. Rasmus Tali

Rasmus Tali

Ratings:
    +26
    someone was lagging a lot during the warmup lap and the start. I think race director should have a right not to let someone race who has too much lag and is danger to himself and others.

10. Philipp Puschke

Philipp Puschke

Ratings:
    +113
    yeah it was me rasmus as I said sorry for that I didnt expect that and was suprised to get that rfactor lag. It was not my connection, it was my pc sadly.
    I will sort this out obviously and if I cant I wont start again until its solved.

11. Marco Zipoli

Marco Zipoli

Ratings:
    +0
    Eros Masciulli make for me the allocation, so i cannot make the race comment. I make this here, so i hope is ok.

Q1: Not my best lap, but is ok and i am number 3 after my teammate Yannick.

Q2: I have a little mistake but the lap is ok.

Race: I make a good start, morand on inside drives very slow so i can overtake. After this my race is good, but i have a mistake that looses me much time. Finally i take the car home for the points and i am happy for this on the debut of me on world championship. Marco

12. patrick de wit

patrick de wit

Ratings:
    +117
    where can we download broadcast?

13. Morgan Morand

Morgan Morand

Ratings:
    +461
    Q : pretty ok.

Race : good start but i got a huge fps drop, i tried to avoid some drivers, which costed me 2 places.
    I loose a lot of time in the first stint.
    I was very fast in hard, bono came into me and keithley group, i defended ok but bono misjudged that i was on hard ( i brake at 120m ) and hit very hard my rear. The car becomes very tricky 3km/h lost.
    I pass the soft, allowed me to pass keithley and kalamees. at the end of the stint, a group ignored blue flags, and allowed kalamees to gain 1s5. during the straight finish line, i went to the left, kalamees hit me when following me ,T1 was ok. but divebombing in the first hairpin in S2. Contact made. I burn my tyres and run 1 lap with killed tyres...
    I returned to the box, soft again, but the car is so slow caused by the damages ( front and rear diffuser/ RR suspension ) , which made worst tyre wear, at the end i manage the tyres but again a divebombing of a PM/GTO car, my car becomes totally damaged, fortunaly it was the final lap.

I hope some driver will have huge penalty. THIS is not acceptable, i was racing in a Public server race.
    Last year FSR catched me every race for a "dirty" driving which was 2/3x time less than that.
    I'm waiting consequences about these drivings, if not, be aware.

• Like Like x 4
  14. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,276
    Unlucky mate :(

15. Pedro Rodrigues

Pedro Rodrigues

Ratings:
    +85
    You better leave it here indeed since nobody cares of how you judge the incidents so your post was unnecessary.
    Only the WC Director judgement matter at this point.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Morgan Morand

Morgan Morand

Ratings:
    +461

• Like Like x 12
  17. Carlos Martín

Carlos Martín

Ratings:
    +387
    If Zipoli is going to race in WT better to suicide. What a Q he had OMG!

Seriously, I dont understand this mod every change I made with this mod is quite extrange... You need to be very lucky and tricky to find a good set up. Its just frustating... Just blocking tires everytime, lot of strugling, no traction... Im really frustated...

• Like Like x 5
  18. Nick Rowland

Nick Rowland

Ratings:
    +107
    To be fair, that was bloody impressive to watch lol. I thought you had spun!

• Like Like x 2
  19. intact

intact

Ratings:
    +93
    you wanted a pussymagnet in your car but by a mistake another magnet was fitted, a magnet that attracts other cars :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Ratings:
    +332
    How come the World Championship stream always lags, while World Trophy and World Series show up fine? :D