R3E news and rumors

So we have a general discount thread (though it's often missed), but as far as I know, there isn't a general news thread to post various small-ish pieces of information that have come up, so I thought it might be a good idea to start one?

So information about the upcoming December patch are starting to appear, and we now have a confirmation that three Porsche cars will indeed be coming with it, with first one being...

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017

The latest incarnation of the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup is based on the seventh generation of this sports car icon, and it lives up to its calling: uncompromising performance on the race track.
The four-liter six-cylinder boxer unit delivers up to 485 hp.
The drive force is transmitted to the rear axle by six-speed sequential dog-type transmission.
The fate of the 911 GT3 Cup is played out in the Porsche one-make championships, where the only thing that counts is the performance of the individual driver.
While carrying "GT3" in its name, the car has quite different driving characteristics compared to its bigger brother, the GT3 R.
The lack of ABS & Traction control makes it quite a challenge to drive and will put your skills on track to a test.
A special feature of this car are the purple LED lights on the data display, that will warn you about traction loss & locking brakes.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/porsche-911-gt3-cup-2017.9881/#post-137245

39040462282_d8166dd426_b.jpg

38361261104_d6f77456f2_b.jpg

The other two cars should be announced in the coming days according to S3, but it's fairly obvious one of them will be the GT3 R, aka the "proper" GT3 ;)

I was just about to write that. Thanks @FeltHat .

I am hoping oval Ai is something they can patch later, not that I am dying for some oval racing, I do see it as good for variety. I also want to see what I can get out of the Formula US cars on the oval, before a patch for setups happens. That will be interesting to see how the cars fare after such a patch is implemented.

i believe it is at present there but unsupported ; so dont expect rule sets ; fully functioning ai; adapted setups ; aero kits ; saftey cars is what i take from this

Andi

Well that's a bit ****. They use the photo above to announce the maintenance period, yet there's no sign of that car in the patch notes or store. :thumbsdown:

Update details:

Download size = 1.1 GB
Client version = 0.9.0.944
Client BuildID = 4989071
Dedicated server version = 61.0.1120
Dedicated server BuildID = 4989460

Changelist:

• Controllers - Updated default FFB settings for Logitech G27
  • Controllers - Logitech wheels now have “sine” curb wave type and reduced minimum force value.
  • Controllers - Sim-Plicity: set all wave types to sine
  • Controllres - Thrustmaster: reduced minimum force value
  • Fixed an issue with Fastest Lap notifications on the HUD that were not displaying properly
  • Fixed some Default Controller Profiles that were showing up as customized in the menu
  • Fixed player getting automatically DNF’d when they run out of fuel even though their vehicle is still moving. You can now crawl all the way to the finish line as long as your car moves.
  • Fixed a game crash that would occur when entering instant replay while using the pitstop menu

Content updates:

• BMW M1 Procar - Updated physics and tyre model
  • BMW M3 GT2 - Fixed weird noises heard on downshifts coming from opponent cars in multiplayer
  • DTM 92 - Improved gearbox behaviour, updated drivetrain oscillations to give less in lower gears and more in high gears
  • Group 4 - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Group C - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Mercedes DTM 1995 - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Mercedes DTM 2005 - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Porsche 911 Carrera (964) - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Porsche 911 RSR 2019 - Various art tweaks to liveries
  • Tatuus F4 - Fixed launch control for this car, updated its default gear ratios for each track
  • Touring Classics - Improved gearbox behaviour, updated drivetrain oscillations to give less in lower gears and more in high gears
  • AI - Formula RaceRoom US: general improvement to AI behaviour
  • Dubai - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Nordschleife - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Norisring - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Nuerburgring Sprint - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Oschersleben - Fixed an issue with invisible objects on the grass at the pit exit. Tweak to terrain textures.
  • Sachsenring - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Shanghai - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Sonoma - Tweaks to AI behaviour. Fixed the dried grass surrounding the track that has always been wrongly assigned the gravel properties. It’s now proper dry grass when you drive on it.
  • Spa-Francorchamps - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Suzuka - Fixed a possible cut detection during pitstops
  • Zhuhai - Tweaks to AI behaviour

Group C - Updated physics and tyre model
OK at least Ill check this out after the upd.
It has taken time to upd these 2 cars but lets see how they handle now;)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Eventhough Im very excited and impressed(!) at the moment checking AMS2 out then I still consider Racerooms TM and car behavoring as one of the best among racing sims today. Only maybe slightly exceded by rF2 in the rather few cars I liked in that sim. Like FR3.5:thumbsup:

Are these the same car? :confused:
Nope. I thought they meant the GTR 3 when I skipped through the notes, but the RSR is the one currently being used in the competition. So I guess the photo they used is technically "relevant" as the car apparently received minor livery tweaks. Still think it was a dumb decision though, as it clearly gives the impression that the car was about to be released.

Nope. I thought they meant the GTR 3 when I skipped through the notes, but the RSR is the one currently being used in the competition. So I guess the photo they used is technically "relevant" as the car apparently received minor livery tweaks. Still think it was a dumb decision though, as it clearly gives the impression that the car was about to be released.
Your not helping:p Ross, so the car in the competition is the new car and the car in the patch notes is also the new car?

If that is the case that is confusing to have an update to a previously unreleased car. :confused:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 127 85.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 45 30.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 51 34.5%