R3E: New GTO Class Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium

23725679024_241a1f2685_k.jpg

Sector3 Studios have sneakily added some new images of yet to be released GTO class vehicles to their official Flickr account album, increasing speculation that new content release cant be far away.

As revealed in our exclusive interview with Sector3 back in 2015, the GTO class is set to be lavished with new physics and car models in the coming months and these latest screenshots indicate that a release might not be as far away as first imagined. The latest images reveal a Ford Mustang and Nissan in various historic liveries to be added to the class - currently containing only the immense Audi 90 Quattro GTO.

Additionally the new class should also include an update to the latest physics currently being implemented across the game in separate stages.

No further information is presently available, however RaceDepartment will continue to monitor the progress of this content and keep you up to date on all the latest news as it becomes available.

While you wait, why not try out the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club and sample some of the other fine vehicles on offer in R3E?

1.jpg gto 2.jpg gto 3.jpg gto 4.png gto 5.jpg

Excited about the latest previews? Leave your comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they improve ffb and physics. It’s still the only sim where I have problems with how the cars feel, even Pcars feels better for me now (thx for the tweaker files).

really? are they still keeping these vert/lat settings though? does it rid the loose centre wheel?
does it rid the loose centre wheel? Yes

Vertical isn't really needed in my opinion now, I only us 10 or 20 to make a few old cars a bit more heavier.
Lateral give heavier feedback to the front tyres, I found a good balance using 60

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

err this is worrying.. who confirmed this?

Anyone who cared to check setups and try out different cars in the game, noticing it was weird the way values carried over so easily. I bought the Group 5 pack with the free credits I received and was still underwhelmed by the game. I'd have preferred the GTO pack but I have no interest in spending a dime in this game. Already have AC with its pieced DLC splitting the community as a failed investment, don't need another.

yep.....pretty much

ffb better than rre imho and handling too :)

But as much as I want to keep it on my hd, I'm strapped for space and time to play all these great sims. I remember back in the day all the trackgdb edits u used to do to get the ai to work etc. Now I just haven't the time. Most new sims however do fix these old issues.

With ams just round the corner I'm not sure if getting back into race07 will be worth it. As much as its a classic sim. I just haven't the time for RF2, AMS, RRE and race07.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

With ams just round the corner I'm not sure if getting back into race07 will be worth it.

If you have time for it now, with SCE, then there is no reason why you wouldn't with AMS. It's not the messiah. Why do you even bother with R3E if you have ranked it below your other games?

I was the guy to find it.

Sector 3 confirmed to me it's an issue they want to solve; they're yet to speak publicly on it though.
We could be waiting a while, I certainly won't be holding my breath waiting for an explanation, S3 don't seem to be very up front when it comes to admitting the truth about RRE's flaws. Personally I would think that S3 already knew about the physics issue, after all they built the game.
As far as buying the GTO's are concerned, not a chance, Ive spent enough on Racerooms emulator.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%