Question for T300RS owners...

I just did an update on my T300RS (it's been awhile since I updated) and the wheel feels completely different. I don't know how to explain it, but everything feels different. I think it feels better, but it's so different that i'm wondering if something went wrong in the update.

Did anyone else notice a drastic change in how the wheel feels after installing the current update\firmware?

I just did an update on my T300RS (it's been awhile since I updated) and the wheel feels completely different. I don't know how to explain it, but everything feels different. I think it feels better, but it's so different that i'm wondering if something went wrong in the update.

Did anyone else notice a drastic change in how the wheel feels after installing the current update\firmware?
just dumb guessing. Maybe spring is set @100 after the update. ?
I always use spring 0 and setting it at 100 makes huge difference

just dumb guessing. Maybe spring is set @100 after the update. ?
I always use spring 0 and setting it at 100 makes huge difference
Center spring for non-ffb games that is deactivated by default or the spring ffb channel?

The spring ffb channel is not used by assetto corsa and made no difference on my G27, ts-pc and fanatec csw 2.5.
The center spring makes a big difference of course, since it's simply pushing the wheel always to the center.

Not a 300 owner but a 500.
I did notice two updates ago, there was a bit of a 'notch' introduced towards the outer limit of max turning/steering angle.
It was vastly reduced with the new driver and firmware.
You could actually see and feel it happen in the ThrustMaster panel.
As you turned the wheel, the visual scale reference pointer would momentarily stop for just a fraction of a second...then resume.

It's possible the update set something back to default in the gain settings. I haven't looked at those settings in so long that I can't remember if I ever customized them. The more I drive with this update, the more I think it is better except I notice the kerb and road effects are not as pronounced or harsh as before. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It will just take some getting used to having more of a softer effect than the harsh feel it had before.

I had the spring setting in the thrustmaster profiler in mind
Yeah but there are 2 separate ones:
Blue = ffb channel
Red = center spring

And the blue ffb spring channel is inactive in assetto corsa. And is also disabled in all simracing titles as far as I know. It might do some stuff on wrc and dirt rally. (and provide an actually coded and wanted part of the FFB)
IMG_20211106_181909.jpg

But mainly only the damper ffb channel is used, for stuff like "wheel weight" or "Tyre weight".
I always keep spring and damper at 100% and adjust the sliders within the games.

Spring + damper to zero is a myth that sadly continues to be believed.

Yeah but there are 2 separate ones:
Blue = ffb channel
Red = center spring

And the blue ffb spring channel is inactive in assetto corsa. And is also disabled in all simracing titles as far as I know. It might do some stuff on wrc and dirt rally. (and provide an actually coded and wanted part of the FFB)
View attachment 515870

But mainly only the damper ffb channel is used, for stuff like "wheel weight" or "Tyre weight".
I always keep spring and damper at 100% and adjust the sliders within the games.

Spring + damper to zero is a myth that sadly continues to be believed.
I remember we had already a similar discussion in a another threadt some time ago :D
And there is no question - you are the guy with the knowledge about this stuff. I can´argue here with you. :thumbsup:

But i can tell for sure, and thats not placebo - with my T300 Ferrari Alcantara Edition
setting the "blue" spring from 0 to 100 change everything.

Its mandatory for me this option must be @0 otherwiese the spring destroys all ffb by becoming heavy and centering the wheel all the time.

Damping 100 i am with you, Auto-Center settings "red" also.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 205 88.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 32 13.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 34 14.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 64 27.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 79 34.1%