Question for a DIY haptic solution

Hello

I'm trying to select some hardware to make a DIY haptic installation on my rig (playseat sensation pro)

I want to use 4 to 6 transducers, as I understand I need a 6 channels amplifier rated for the transducers, here is what I found :

Amplifier : 5.1 (6 x 50w) rated 4ohms per channels
Transducers : 4x (rated 50w) @4ohms

I might add a small one under the pedal break and another under my seat for a total of 6 transducers, but I will start with 4.

Cables and attachment are pretty standard I think, so I should be good, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Let me know if this looks good to you or if I'm missing something

thanks

Last edited:
How are you getting the sim outputs to the amplifier inputs?
Soundcard(s)?
And what will you be using to extract the sim data?
SimHub?

I'm using a pair of two channel amplifiers running from USB "dongle" souncards to drive bass "pucks"
The pedals have game controller vibration motors running from an Arduino... all through Sim Hub

Last edited:
Thanks trichens,

So I am missing a sound card from the amplifier to the computer, got it. What soundcard do you recommend for this ?
Will the amplifier will do the work (power, channels, etc...)

Yes I will use Sim Hub as I understand is a free software that works for this.

The idea is to replicate what slip-angle.com is doing, one transducer per wheel to simulate each wheel.

Modern motherboards will have some sort of soundcard built it so you need to check the connections you have out of this first.
Then see if you can assign SimHub to use these correctly.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.