Question about wiring 5v led push button to Leo Bodnar BBI-32

i want to build my first button box, i am using Leo Bodnar BBI-32 and those NO\NC 5v metal momentary illuminated push buttons (with led light). i tried to figure out how to wire them, i want the led light to be always on, and the buttons will work only when i click on them.
this will work?
thank you!

Attachments

• butboXxx.png
    butboXxx.png
    489.2 KB · Views: 91
Two things to check out:
Firstly, while the BBI-32 product page is a bit light on info, it does show a picture of switches being connected between the input and "GND". This implies that the inputs have pull-up resistors (a very common approach). So I reckon you would want to adjust your scheme to connect C to GND and NO to the button input.
Secondly, you don't provide a link for the buttons you use, so I would just recommend care about how you hook them up - they might need a current-limiting resistor in series (unless that's taken care of internally).

Two things to check out:
Firstly, while the BBI-32 product page is a bit light on info, it does show a picture of switches being connected between the input and "GND". This implies that the inputs have pull-up resistors (a very common approach). So I reckon you would want to adjust your scheme to connect C to GND and NO to the button input.
Secondly, you don't provide a link for the buttons you use, so I would just recommend care about how you hook them up - they might need a current-limiting resistor in series (unless that's taken care of internally).

thanks for your response!
like this?
1701973799713.png

this is the buttons web page on aliexpress (mine are 5V )

Last edited:
Yes, I think that should work OK for the switch detection.
For the LEDs, I'm not seeing anything very clear on the product page, but some of the comments suggest that a resistor isn't needed. However, I would personally play it safe and connect a resistor at first, just in case.
If you allow for a forward voltage of say 1.8 V (should be about right for a red LED), and choose say 5 mA for the current, you'd be trying to drop 3.2 V across the resistor (for a total of 5 V) so you'd choose a resistor in the ballpark of 640 ohms. Then you could measure the voltage across the LED (or perhaps it's an LED+resistor combination of course) and if the voltage is significantly higher than 1.8 V then you've probably already got a resistor in there with the LED (and you'll also probably have a pretty dim LED :)).

Yes, I think that should work OK for the switch detection.
For the LEDs, I'm not seeing anything very clear on the product page, but some of the comments suggest that a resistor isn't needed. However, I would personally play it safe and connect a resistor at first, just in case.
If you allow for a forward voltage of say 1.8 V (should be about right for a red LED), and choose say 5 mA for the current, you'd be trying to drop 3.2 V across the resistor (for a total of 5 V) so you'd choose a resistor in the ballpark of 640 ohms. Then you could measure the voltage across the LED (or perhaps it's an LED+resistor combination of course) and if the voltage is significantly higher than 1.8 V then you've probably already got a resistor in there with the LED (and you'll also probably have a pretty dim LED :)).
thank you!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea