Qualy up in smoke at Zandervort

Just watched Qualifying at Zandervort. A goot track and i love the banked turns. Problem is there where the FLARES (No not those groovy bellbotom pants people wore in the 60's) But the couloured smoke ones. There was one thrown on track causing Allbon to slow down. Poor guy cant get a break.

Zandervort said flares where baned. A visual nusance for fans and a fire hazard not to mention a health hazard. So i ask how do they get past security. I have gone to Montreal with a flag on a wooden pole. Told by staff it's baned as it can hurt somone, Well no more than a Unbrella and people take that stuff in case of rain or just a need for shade. And Toronto Indy where security took Cans of Soda off us. So they could sell it at a jacked up price (Gota make a profit, supply and demand) So how the F##K dose somone get in with a Firework. i Guess i am Mr nice guy who follows the rules so i can moan about morons who won't.

Wait until the numpties figure out that they can influence qualifying by lobbing flares and suchlike on the track.
Their driver gets into Q2 or Q3 - or pole - and then chuck objects into the track to bring out the yellow flags...

I think moving forward... anybody lighting flares (after the signs have been posted) or throwing anything on track, should be promptly ejected and given a life-time ban from ANY event.
People seem to think bad behavior is okay. It never is.

I went to Silvertone in 1992 when Mansell won. My mother saw it on TV and saw somone who looked like me in track invasion. She was so angry, But i would not do that. But in many sports people throw stuff on track to stall event. They do it all the time in Hockey, there was a coach that even threw sicks and hockey tape on ice to protest a loss.

I did security after i graduated. A very dull boaring job. For the most part people do it as they are in College or university, just a means to make money to pay for tuition and text books. Most don't care about F1, And most don't take job seriousley. Just goof of and make money doing it. The big heavy people who do it are more serious and profesional. But you get wraped up in the event and get distracted. Somone on facebook was posted doing security at a music concert and body surfing. This will get you fired. You are not there to have fun.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back