1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PVR's , Capture Cards etc

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Dylan Hember, Apr 24, 2011.

1. I want to be able to record things on my xbox, but what is the best/cheapest way of doing this?. Please can people give me tips and links on what to do.

Thanks

2. I would say Capture Card, well I am getting a capture card and doing same as you so i would guess a dazzle capture card

3. does this also work for the PS3? aswell as Xbox?

4. Yep, only difference is cables you will need, because Xbox have there own RCA cables don't they,

yeah RCA cables are needed but the quality is still great just say that

5. ok thanks, may i ask the cost of this? i am assuming around the $100 mark?

6. Thanks for the help. I want to record races etc. But at the moment i am using a little alba cam corder. 5 megapixels just putting it in front the tv lol.

7. I don't think Dazzle records in HD, it upscales so you won't get the best picture as a true HD recorder. If you search comparisons on Youtube you'll see how big the difference is. Safe bet would be Hauppage HD PVR. Expensive but worth it.

8. It depends though, on his budget, of course because a PVR doesn't come cheap

9. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

i bought something similar to this... http://www.maplin.co.uk/usb-video-and-audio-grabber-340918 just connect it to the shizzle from your xbox, or the scart out of your tv... haven't had the time to use it for the purpose of recording races / laps, but it worked ok for recording stuff to PC from my sky box