PURE system requirements

My system is very basic, i5 quad core, gtx1050ti. Would Pure work and if so, is it heavy on resources? I'm running maximum video settings, but only getting 40-50 fps with no Sol weather running. It really slows down with rain effects.

I think you are going to have to make some sacrifices to get a decent framerate. In my case, similar computer, I have shadows off, reflections off, all the eye candy mostly off. It still looks good (to me) and I get around 140 fps depending on the track. But, I don't use SOL or Pure. No rain, any of that stuff. It rains where I am in real life enough..I like nice sunny days in my game..lol.

I have Pure 0.58 but have not be using it because Sol Planner does not appear in my in-game app list. Should I remove the Sol app and reinstall Pure? It worked before but for some reason it now says there are conflicts when I enable it.

I have Pure 0.58 but have not be using it because Sol Planner does not appear in my in-game app list. Should I remove the Sol app and reinstall Pure? It worked before but for some reason it now says there are conflicts when I enable it.
You need to install the latest Sol 2.2.7. Then it will work. But i recommend also to try the latest Pure 0.155. Since 0.58 sooo many things have changed and were improved.

I was hesitant to try upgrading because my system is pretty weak. Will the lastest versions work ok with my i5 quad core and gtx1050 ti?
Pure's skydome clouds will give you the most beauty per fps. You can even deactivate PostProcessing and still have a working autoexposure with Pure. So I think yes. Actually AC does not use many cores. So the faster your core speed is the better it runs.
On the GPU part, Pure's skydomes will save you much fps. You get beautiful skies, but it's only pictures. Pure will generate very efficient 3d cloud shadows, so even with this economic sky method, you will have dynamic shadows like from 3d clouds.

what even are the requirements for pure
They are not different to Sol. You don't need better hardware! Pure actually runs much better and with its skydomes it even saves fps, because it does not need to draw many clouds. Also Pure's code is much more efficient than Sol's code. So frame flow is way more stable and so Pure has way less microstutter.

Hi, I was looking to ask this and I think here you could answer me.
Is it necessary for the Directx11 support GPU to use CSP?
I have a very outdated PC with an AMD GPU "Ati Radeon HD4850" that does not support DX11.
I installed CSP but gives error, I even tried to disable all the boxes but do not run the game (from content manager)
Is it because my PC cannot execute it, or is it another problem?

I am aware that I cannot use graphic improvements with my potato, but I wanted to try the "optimization" section of CSP. If someone can answer me, already very grateful. Hugs.

Hi, I was looking to ask this and I think here you could answer me.
Is it necessary for the Directx11 support GPU to use CSP?
I have a very outdated PC with an AMD GPU "Ati Radeon HD4850" that does not support DX11.
I installed CSP but gives error, I even tried to disable all the boxes but do not run the game (from content manager)
Is it because my PC cannot execute it, or is it another problem?

I am aware that I cannot use graphic improvements with my potato, but I wanted to try the "optimization" section of CSP. If someone can answer me, already very grateful. Hugs.
You really need dx11 for CSP.

S o i have a I5 6600 GTX 1050 and my assetto corsa runs 28-40 fps in non populated areas of shutoko and last time i used pure i had like 17 fps so wym it dont consume AS MANY RESOURCES AS SOL. it uses MORE.

S o i have a I5 6600 GTX 1050 and my assetto corsa runs 28-40 fps in non populated areas of shutoko and last time i used pure i had like 17 fps so wym it dont consume AS MANY RESOURCES AS SOL. it uses MORE.
It sounds like you did not install it properly. If you open the in-game CSP Lua Debug app and there is a red dot in the "weatherFX impl." the system will slow down and you have this low fps.

If you "reset to defaults" in Pure Config "Main" tab and if you deactivate Pure's shaders in the "shader" tab then Pure should run better, because it then uses skydomes for clouds, which are way more efficient then Sol's clouds.

Last edited:
They are not different to Sol. You don't need better hardware! Pure actually runs much better and with its skydomes it even saves fps, because it does not need to draw many clouds. Also Pure's code is much more efficient than Sol's code. So frame flow is way more stable and so Pure has way less microstutter.
Hi Peter, you should know off course, but do you happen to know if there is a common mistake made when switching from Sol to Pure?
In VR, the m/s went from 7,1 to 10,4 and my hardware can not cope, I had to go back.
Did both: installed it over Sol and uninstalled Sol first. Chose the right one under 'weather Fx", chose the pp filter and in the drive menu I took the proper one: I thought I did it correct.

Edit: didn't see your response right above mine yet Peter.
You answered Daniël and I ran with it too ;)
Resetting did some good and then I looked at the shaders tab: I tried some things and shutting down 'sun blinding' (can't remember exact name as I write on my laptop, can't do that on the racing system) did it all for me.
So, all good now.
Thanks for your ongoing efforts, programs and help Peter.

Still one question though.........sorry for that :)

I'm trying to shut down the (I think it is) auto exposure thing.
I'm getting old: I can't handle the screen going dark when I drive past a Jumbo Screen admitting light. ;)
But that is hard: I tried in the "PureVR.ini" also, but I can't seem to do it.

Any hints or tips for this guys?

Still one question though.........sorry for that :)

I'm trying to shut down the (I think it is) auto exposure thing.
I'm getting old: I can't handle the screen going dark when I drive past a Jumbo Screen admitting light. ;)
But that is hard: I tried in the "PureVR.ini" also, but I can't seem to do it.

Any hints or tips for this guys?
In Pure AE is always a part of the exposure and it is different with the different PPfilters. For the pure ppfilters you have like 2 different templates of exposure controls.

Always have a look at the Pure Config app "PP" tab!

In the standard "pure" PPfilter you have a "mix" slider, where you define the amount of Auto exposure

For the other pure ppfilter like pureCandy, you can choose between 5 exposure methods. In the hybrid mode you still have this mix slider, also for the CBE AE mode.

Thank you @Peter Boese !
I had been playing around and did come across that one too, but I must have done something wrong.
This works like a charm!
I'm using "PureVR" btw, but the same slider is in there.
Nice to have it all sorted out, thank yo so much!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.