Pure enjoyment

Every day i play raceroom and most of the time against the A1. From time to time i switch to AC or RF2, but something always get me back to raceroom. I believe that's because the game is well balanced. Anyone out there with the same addiction?

The AI is the worst of the game because the bots are like kamikazes especially in the curves, a lots of complains by a lots of gamers. In other areas the game is very good. Every day play Assetto Corsa and enjoy the AI, so good man, so good.

I'm owning the game since Tuesday It's great . I have AC and love both games . But the AI in R3E is really aggressive.

But don't play much against AI. Multiplayer so much more fun specially with events like racedepartment and other services . You can race with same guys and help each other to get faster

I seem to have the closest AI racing in R3E. Ever since Sector 3 made adjustments to the AI, I no longer get constantly taken out in turns. I've had terrific battles and love the feedback R3E provides. I really feel like I know when my car is on edge and on the verge of losing grip. It's the number one sim for me in terms of feeling connected to the car.

Yup! I'm a fan!! :cool:

I dont understand why Sector 3 does not incorporated the choice of %AI Agression like in other titles (AC,PC2). Recently play GTR (Simbin/Sector3 year 2005) is much better than RR3 in AI, incredible. I agree in FFB RR3 is very good.

I agree totally with all the positive posts of the thread, and since I started 4 months ago, I dig a lot this sim about every aspect.
Like robertinotje said, the game feels well balanced, I can simply go from multiplayer to solo in a supple way - and vice versa.
Runs with AI is getting more and more sense for me with a bit of practice: The other day, I sucked by optimism in 2nd lap/first turn in multiplayer/Indiannapolis, then I practiced it in solo with AI (adaptive) and it was very reliable for me when back on track in multiplayer.

I purchased all content recently having ignored R3E for other sims.
Heres what i posted over on sector3 forums after i gave the sim some real time.

Hello fellow simracers, ive being enjoying racing sims for over 25 years now , ive played everything ever released ,some great some not so great.
Highlights along the way would be GPL Grand Prix legends and the old VROC days on 56k modem :)
I would add GP4 in there too along with GTR2.
Since then ive done the whole iracing thing, spent an absolute fortune etc but for various reasons i no longer enjoy it.
Assetto corsa certainly does it for me as does Automobilista from the recent sims but im ashamed to say that ive ignored R3E for so long and more fool me because i think i might just have discovered my new favourite sim.
Im no expert in the field, im not particularly quick but i do have an understanding if somewhat limited on what a race car should feel like.
Back when i was young and spritely i done a small bit of RL racing car driving [not racing] when on atleast 7 occassions i drove a car from the Irish RT 2000 touring car series at mondello park during test sessions, most laps were a bit above warmup trye speeds but a few i pushed as hard as i dared without fear of crashing, so no ive never drove close to the cars limit but i know what i should expect froma sim when cornering braking etc and here i feel R3E has done an amazing job.

So im no more than a coupe of weeks into R3E where ive put in 32 hours to date and having a blast.
Im asking myself why did i not try it before? i think the whole tag of F2P turned me off but more fool me.

The way the GT3 cars and indeed most of the tintop cars in the sim react during weight transfer and braking in particular simply blow me away, other sims have come close AC and AMS in particular but i feel Raceroom takes it to another level, remember im only playing on a G27 and i can still feel it.
I just feels right and as i remember in real life, likewise the level of grip as transmitted through to me the driver via the wheel is just perfect.
Overall as a package im delighted i bought all content recently, the tracks list is fantastic with such diversity, speaking of which id live to get road atlanta and sebring onto the roster :)
The car roster is also pretty impressive but here again i love for some aussie V8s , i love this series and really enjoy them in automobilista and the new V8corsa mod for AC.
Finally i have to mention the sounds, wow just wow, the rawness of a race tuned thoroughbred is captured fantastically in this sim, it really had to be heard to be believed, the only other to come anywhere near it would be Automobilista but its no competition.
Graphically it very nice too but my only complaint is things can appear to be too dull and dark in places at times.

R3E could well be my new overall favourite sim right now, everytime i hook up my wheel its R3E that is calling me louder than the others.
Maybe its time to purchase a better wheel and get back into league racing :)

I don't normally use R3E for sp racing but recently have tried it and have been pleasantly surprised so far.
After applying the @Lars Hansen AI training regime I tried NSU @ Brands Hatch 20 opponents 15 minute race. It was nice not to hear crew chief abusing me for a change.
Also have raced AI with BMW M235I @ Zandvoort Club, once again some good door to door racing.
I only had to restart once and that was as much my fault as the AI's, I'm not finding them super aggressive as @Nano10 seems to be but will try some other combos.
@Nano10 have you tried Lars AI training?
Check here for his guide

You know, I am so pleased people are beginning to realise how much fun / good Raceroom actually is these days. I know the payment system is weird and I still think it should be made more user friendly, because they are only letting themselves down tbh. BUT the game itself is immensely fun and highly underated and things will only get better, so thumbs up to all you people that have just discovered it or decided to give it a second chance :thumbsup:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 68 29.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 47 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 46 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.1%