PC1 Project CARS PC Patch 5.0 Released!

Dennis

RedShift Racing
* Enforce fixed (default) setups – fixed cases where enabling this would still allow players to use custom setups. Enabled the player's custom controller settings to still be used when using fixed setups.
* Mojave layouts – fixed an issue where, if the host were disqualified, it would force end-of-race for everyone.
* Fixed an issue with tyre choices being ignored during pit stops.

Physics & AI
* Improved AI behaviour in pit lanes to further reduce cars hitting the pit walls when driving out of the garages.
* Fixed an issue where cars under AI control would struggle to drive correctly on tracks with high banking.
* Fixed an issue where some car parts that were dislodged during a collision would not be removed when the track is cleared.

Career
* Fixed an issue where the maximum amount of contract and invitation emails could be exceeded with DLC installed, resulting in the player not being notified of newly unlocked contract offers and invitational events.

Controls
* Fixed a bug on the splash screen where the controller used to press the A Button to start was not selected as the current controller.
* Logitech G29/G920 – updated default controller map sets for the layouts to be consistent between wheels and across platforms.
* Logitech G920 – fixed an issue with the gearshift mapping.
* Removed default assignments for wipers and lights, as this was disabling the wipers/lights turning on automatically when it started raining or got dark.

Tracks
* Nürburgring GP, Sprint, Sprint Short – fixed an issue that caused issues for cars pitting in the first pit spot.
* Nordschleife – fixed an issue that caused cars to get stuck against the pit wall when driving in the pit lane.
* Nürburgring Sprint Short – fixed a cut track issue at the NGK Chicane.
* Barcelona GP – fixed cut track issue when entering the pit lane.
* Watkins Glen – improved overall track performance to address frame rate drops in certain areas.

Vehicles
* Aston Martin Vantage GTE – tweaked cockpit exposure to work better with rainy conditions.
* Aston Martin DBR 1-2 – set the car up so that the steering wheel remains in a static state when the user chooses the ‘hide wheel’ option, so that the user can still read the vital info displayed on the wheel.
* Aston Martin DBR1 1959 – fixed an issue where the wrong helmet was displayed when using Helmet View, tweaked inertia and roll stiffness to improve collision behaviour.
* Audi 90 IMSA GTO, Audi R8 V10 plus, Ruf Rt 12R – fixed an issue where the KERS bar would appear on the HUD of these cars, even though they don’t have KERS.
* BMW 320 Turbo – fixed an issue where the car would start 'wandering' in straight lines after a few laps.
* Bentley Continental GT3 – updated engine and minimum ride height to match latest; mapped real world balance of performance; updated gearbox ratios to current FIA specifications, putting it more in line with the other GT3 cars.
* Ford Mustang GT – improve braking power to better match the car's weight.
* Ginetta G40 – partial fix for front tires overheating if pressure goes over 1.8bar.
* Historic Lotus Formula cars – improved the Helmet View exposure settings
* Lotus 98T – fixed an issue with missing bodywork in the cockpit
* Mercedes C Class DTM – adjusted steering wheel shift lights to better match the engine's power band.
* Ruf CTR – changed to a more durable brake pad for track use and added an optional brake duct to help control temperatures at slow tracks.

GUI & HUD
* Display correct message when trying to toggle assists when assists are disabled.
* Fixed an issue with the Leaderboards navigation that prevented the user from changing the vehicle or location.
* Changed the displayed values for Lateral and Longitudinal weight bias, to make it more intuitive.
* Fixed an issue with bad Text spacing on the Telemetry screen.
* Fixed various issues with the HUD gearshift indicator during replays.
* Fixed an issue where making real time changes to the stability control would display incorrect information.
* Fixed an issue where the in-game Standings screen ‘Lap time’ was cleared too soon.

General
* Fixed an issue where the ‘Sync to Race’ option was unavailable when configuring Weather Progression.
* Fixed an issue where the Best Driving Line assist appeared in the rear view mirrors.
* Localisation – added ‘United Arab Emirates’ used by Lykan to non-English language sets.
* Fixed an issue with Quick Race Weekend, where running Qualifying and Race without a Practice session would cause the Qualifying session rules to not work correctly.
* Fixed a case where the ‘One more for the road’ achievement would not unlock correctly.
* Fixed an issue where the player could still toggle driving assists on via buttons, even when driving assists was disabled.
* Fixed an issue where the external driving camera would clip through the track on steep banking.
* Fixed an issue with random cloud ‘popping’ in and out of view.
* Fixed an issue with clouds disappearing when using time acceleration.
* Fixed a render timing issue that would at times cause a black screen when the processor is under heavy load.
* Fixed an issue that caused the player’s view to switch from helmet camera to cockpit camera during pit stops.
* Fixed an issue with Enhanced Mirror, where enabling it could at times cause occasional drop-outs of mirror content

Oculus Rift
* Improved support for Oculus Rift rendering to desktop and headset simultaneously.
* Added command line option -vrfullscreen for use when using second screen, to use whole screen instead of windowed mode.
* Amended driver head offset when in Oculus Rift mode – defaults to 0.0 but can be set using command line -vreyeoffset amount.
* Added HUD position editing control keys to the existing HUD editing setup: AD – left/right, WS – up/down, ZE – in/out. (Note that this doesn't save yet between game restarts. We have this working internally now but it missed this patch, so will be coming your way very soon)
* HUD and Menu system is now located in world and car space instead of attached to the player’s head.
* Updated to Oculus SDK 0.7.0.0.
- NOTE - If you experience a black flicker/flash in the right eye view when playing in VR, please ensure that you have VSync enabled.

What do you mean? I know that this patch doesn't fix some major issues, but I've not heard anywhere that it was actually causing more issues. :O_o:

Check the official thread. The primary issue is the weather/timing system being screwed up when creating events. To where the time and weather will simply reset every session (practice, qualifying, race) and go through the same cycle every time. It's a huge impact on league racing.

• Deleted member 113561

Check the official thread. The primary issue is the weather/timing system being screwed up when creating events. To where the time and weather will simply reset every session (practice, qualifying, race) and go through the same cycle every time. It's a huge impact on league racing.
Still this is not game breaking nor it is a huge bug (you can still do rain races).
This is no HUGE impact on league racing, just use 1 slot of weather, that avoids the problem with the weather.

Still this is not game breaking nor it is a huge bug (you can still do rain races).
This is no HUGE impact on league racing, just use 1 slot of weather, that avoids the problem with the weather.

You're missing my point. It completely negates the randomness of weather, which can be significant. I will say I don't know how many leagues in pCARS use random weather, so yes it may not be huge. But every one that does has no reason to use weather now.

Yes, it's not game breaking, but to allow something like this to get through testing is pretty bad. Especially in a mostly meaningless patch that could have waited.

• Deleted member 113561

You're missing my point. It completely negates the randomness of weather, which can be significant. I will say I don't know how many leagues in pCARS use random weather, so yes it may not be huge. But every one that does has no reason to use weather now.

Yes, it's not game breaking, but to allow something like this to get through testing is pretty bad. Especially in a mostly meaningless patch that could have waited.
Mmmhh disagree

Why shouldnt they use now weather? You can still set 1 Slots Random ... there you go ... i agree its not as exciting as setting 3 Slots random, and for 60min+ Races its a problem.

Why the patch could have waited? The patch isnt rushed. Just not enough tested. Again.
They want to bring out a DLC this month. So they patch it in. Its a win win. Along with the DLC we get a patch. You may say why so early this month? The answer: The approvalprocess of Microsoft is taking ages ... The submitted PS4, XBOX1, PC all at the same time. Microsoft still didnt publish it.

Mmmhh disagree

Why shouldnt they use now weather? You can still set 1 Slots Random ... there you go ... i agree its not as exciting as setting 3 Slots random, and for 60min+ Races its a problem.

Why the patch could have waited? The patch isnt rushed. Just not enough tested. Again.
They want to bring out a DLC this month. So they patch it in. Its a win win. Along with the DLC we get a patch. You may say why so early this month? The answer: The approvalprocess of Microsoft is taking ages ... The submitted PS4, XBOX1, PC all at the same time. Microsoft still didnt publish it.

Weather being completely predictable completely negates the point of using weather at all. Knowing that you're going to encounter rain at a certain point means you can easily prepare for that, rather than getting caught off guard. So sure, while you can still have a rain race, those of us that use random weather for league races are left dumbfounded that they could release a patch with a significant bug. A bug that may not render the game unplayable, but certainly something that shouldn't have been allowed to go through.

You claim the patch isn't rushed, yet there's a noticeable bug like this in it that somewhat proves it was. It not being tested enough is exactly the point. Microsoft's approval process is completely irrelevant to this conversation, because while I understand their approval process takes time, that doesn't mean they would be overly concerned with that for this patch when they've shown no obvious concern for it in previous patches.

So again, I still say this patch was rushed because it introduces a considerable bug, as well as various minor ones, while providing very minor fixes that the biggest bug itself practically negates, on top of minimal VR support that most VR users appreciate but were getting by without very easily.

It's pointless. Whatever anyone says about Pcars, bugs or whatever, Neuer31 will come on and try and shoot you down. It's his hobby. I'm beginning to think he's actually SMS staff. :whistling::rolleyes:

As to the random weather bug, that is a major bug for us because we use random weather in our Racedepartment Pcars club races.

• Deleted member 113561

Weather being completely predictable completely negates the point of using weather at all. Knowing that you're going to encounter rain at a certain point means you can easily prepare for that, rather than getting caught off guard. So sure, while you can still have a rain race, those of us that use random weather for league races are left dumbfounded that they could release a patch with a significant bug. A bug that may not render the game unplayable, but certainly something that shouldn't have been allowed to go through.

You claim the patch isn't rushed, yet there's a noticeable bug like this in it that somewhat proves it was. It not being tested enough is exactly the point. Microsoft's approval process is completely irrelevant to this conversation, because while I understand their approval process takes time, that doesn't mean they would be overly concerned with that for this patch when they've shown no obvious concern for it in previous patches.

So again, I still say this patch was rushed because it introduces a considerable bug, as well as various minor ones, while providing very minor fixes that the biggest bug itself practically negates, on top of minimal VR support that most VR users appreciate but were getting by without very easily.
Random Weather is not predictable! I mean you still have to change setups between Dry Clear - Dry Overcast - Light Rain - Rain - thunderstorm (etc). Sure its less fun having the same weather all the time, but better than no wet weather at all (ie. Assetto Corsa). Further weather is also predictable if you set 2x weatheracceleration, coz you can precalculate that +-30min after sessionbegin the weather will change (if you set random you dont know what weather will come - true that, but you know when). Imo that slot system is done badly in PCARS 1 - but very probably gets improved in PCARS 2. So in the end the system fundamentally isnt random enough imo.

Where are noticable NEW! bugs, besides this one? - there are none
Wait wuuuut? You said yourself they could have waited releasing the PC patch - but i explained you that it wouldnt have changed a thing in the patch - maybe you should rather read my posts better.
I also explained to you why theyre releasing the patch in the first half of October and not the second one.

As said before: VR is in development. Aswell is the SDK of VR updating all the time. By using Oculus Rift DK2 you agreed that there can be bugs and that it isnt the final version. You cant point the finger towards SMS for this one. Oculus Rift is in development. Aslong as you dont have the CV1 and PCARS updated to it, you cant complain at all about it, except fundamental things are wrong (but those bugs are not fundamental flaws, theyre bugs)

It's pointless. Whatever anyone says about Pcars, bugs or whatever, Neuer31 will come on and try and shoot you down. It's his hobby. I'm beginning to think he's actually SMS staff. :whistling::rolleyes:

As to the random weather bug, that is a major bug for us because we use random weather in our Racedepartment Pcars club races.
Reported! Personal attacking and insulting

You may should read better. Random weather itself is not buggy. Its if you use more than 1 slot of weather.

You have a very short period of time to stop defending Pcars after Andy has called you a fanboy, if you don't he will then claim you work for SMS and then put emoticons after the baseless accusation to try and make it alright.
Classic passive aggressive behaviour.
Smileywinkyface!

Random Weather is not predictable! I mean you still have to change setups between Dry Clear - Dry Overcast - Light Rain - Rain - thunderstorm (etc). Sure its less fun having the same weather all the time, but better than no wet weather at all (ie. Assetto Corsa). Further weather is also predictable if you set 2x weatheracceleration, coz you can precalculate that +-30min after sessionbegin the weather will change (if you set random you dont know what weather will come - true that, but you know when). Imo that slot system is done badly in PCARS 1 - but very probably gets improved in PCARS 2. So in the end the system fundamentally isnt random enough imo.

Where are noticable NEW! bugs, besides this one? - there are none
Wait wuuuut? You said yourself they could have waited releasing the PC patch - but i explained you that it wouldnt have changed a thing in the patch - maybe you should rather read my posts better.
I also explained to you why theyre releasing the patch in the first half of October and not the second one.

As said before: VR is in development. Aswell is the SDK of VR updating all the time. By using Oculus Rift DK2 you agreed that there can be bugs and that it isnt the final version. You cant point the finger towards SMS for this one. Oculus Rift is in development. Aslong as you dont have the CV1 and PCARS updated to it, you cant complain at all about it, except fundamental things are wrong (but those bugs are not fundamental flaws, theyre bugs)

You're misunderstanding the issue. Regardless of what weather you set for your event, every single session will have the exact same weather at the exact same time. That's the bug. So if you go through practice the "random" weather will behave exactly the same as it does in qualifying and the race as it does in practice. So if it rains 15 minutes into practice, it rains 15 min into qualifying and then 15 min into the race. That's not random. That is the primary bug I'm talking about and it's rather significant to league races.

On top of this are several other minor bugs that don't hinder gameplay, but definitely raise the question as to why this patch was released at all. From various crashes on the PS4, to wrong liveries being displayed on top of many more significant bugs that still have yet to be fixed. Do they ruin gameplay? No, but it's certainly disconcerting that some of these have gone so long without being fixed.

I'm not even complaining about the VR stuff, as I don't use it, my point was simply that a patch as meaningless as this one was overall and that has the bugs it's introducing shouldn't have gone live because of how meaningless the fixes were. This has nothing to do with me wanting the VR to work, so I'm not sure what makes you think that's the case. It should have been better tested, and when they realized the issues the PC users were having they shouldn't have pushed the PS4 version.

You have a very short period of time to stop defending Pcars after Andy has called you a fanboy, if you don't he will then claim you work for SMS and then put emoticons after the baseless accusation to try and make it alright.
Classic passive aggressive behaviour.
Smileywinkyface!
Who are you? :rolleyes: Let me guess? An investor? And just what is classic passive aggressive behaviour? Is it something Bell made up? Sounds pretty serious, but I quite like the sound of it. :thumbsup:
ps, I didn't call him a fanboy. You on the other hand...........................:whistling:;):thumbsup:

ps...ps I'm supprised the other WMD gang member hasn't turned up yet. Where are you martin? ;)

I know that you obviously wouldn't work for them, but having some kind of hate against someone based on the company he is working for is so ridiculous imo...
Well, as you may have noticed by now, it's not against someone but against a company in the first place (perhaps against head of the studio). And it's not the only ridiculous thing around here, lately i keep myself out of these fruitless exchanges of opinions, cause almost every thread sooner or later turns ugly and it only brings more white noise in debates. But even Andy is subconsciously starting to like pCars and David will do the same after patch 121.

I know that you obviously wouldn't work for them, but having some kind of hate against someone based on the company he is working for is so ridiculous imo...

I don't do "hate". That is such a childish thing to say. :rolleyes:

Andrej, I'm the only one here in this thread actively using Pcars in the Racedepartment Club. These non contributing trolls are here for the fun of it only and to have a go at David at every opportunity. And yes I love playing Pcars multiplayer here and just wish they would fix that darned aweful MP damage bug.:thumbsup:

• Deleted member 113561

Andrej, I'm the only one here in this thread actively using Pcars in the Racedepartment Club. These non contributing trolls are here for the fun of it only and to have a go at David at every opportunity. And yes I love playing Pcars multiplayer here and just wish they would fix that darned aweful MP damage bug.:thumbsup:
So what? Just because some of us are not in the RD Club? This is primarily not a RD Club forum, its a primarily a Sim Racing Forum. Btw i have a lot of hours spent in PCARS since release.

Which damage bug? They recently fixed the landmine bug - finally...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%