1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

problems purchasing gsc 2013

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Reik Major, May 3, 2015.

1. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

I downloaded and installed GSC lite a few days ago and got really excited how good the game feels and hwo good it runs on my older PC. So I decided to purchase it yesterday (but not via steam).

When I hit "buy now" a small empty window opens and nothing else happens. :( I retried with Kaspersky disabled but same result.

So I ran the Sync.exe to see what happens. It downloaded the whole content and I could now play the whole game in the 60 minutes trial. But pressing "buy now" when demo time was over still gave me the same empty window. Any ideas what to do?

Just to let you know: After installing GSC lite in my C: drive I decided to have it on my D: drive with more disk space for later mod installs, so I moved the whole folder over there and renamed it into "GSC 2013 clean". I ran the gsc.exe and the sync.exe successfully from this location. However could this move be the problem?

Thx in advance for your help guys! I'm hungry to start racing again...

2. cant really help you except tagging @Reiza Studios , maybe they know whats up

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Thank yo mate. I e-mailed them a few days ago. Hope to get reply soon.

Could I just uninstall anything and start completely new with a new GSC lite installation? Would it let me do the 30 days trial again? Or does it recognize I allready used the demo?

4. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

I would do a reinstall, if still no joy pm @Reiza Studios for advice
    edit try the Steam version?

5. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Honestly I want to avoid steam as long as possible. I drove Race07 for years now and steam some times caused real big trouble.

6. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Agree with race 07 Steam did make a mess, but GSC is running smoothly.

7. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Well, I plan to have more than one GSC installations to keep at least one clean and use others for mods. Is that possible with the steam version?

8. no, i dont think so

9. I moved my install to Steam and regretted it enough to buy another copy this weekend (well the bundle actually). But I'm also having trouble getting the serial number to activate the Lite install. Sent Reiza an email and I'm hoping to hear back this week sometime soon.

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

• Like Like x 1
  11. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Great. Will try asap. Thx mate.

12. Just to update - Reiza got back to me yesterday and everything is running well.

Thanks Reiza.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

With RACE 07 Steam didn't make a mess. SimBin made a mess by not following Steam guidance how to pack their games properly.

Just a tad different point of view ;)

• Beer Beer x 1