Pro-Sim Sequential Shifter Feedback?

I finally got a response from the folks at Pro-Sim this week stating they have most of the parts now and their sequential options should be back on sale somewhere around when the COVID-19 stuff calms down. There are a host of reviews of the PSL Sequential Shifter V2, but nothing about their higher end (confusingly named) Sequential Shifter.

I have a Heusinkveld Sequential now, but would love something with a more vigorous tactile feel. Do any of you have any experience with any of these worth sharing?

I'm not sure that the expensive shifter model was ever available to buy. Whenever I visited the page right from when it was first listed, it wasn't possible to buy it and always displayed the 'Join the waitlist'.

Upvote 0
You might be right.

I did stumble across an interesting alternative late yesterday as well. Anyone have any experience with the Simworx Sequential Supercar Shifter?

It is available now and priced between the two Pro Sim options...

Upvote 0
You might be right.

I did stumble across an interesting alternative late yesterday as well. Anyone have any experience with the Simworx Sequential Supercar Shifter?

It is available now and priced between the two Pro Sim options...

Barry at Sim Racing Garage did a review of the simworx shifter, he really seemed to like it. It does look the business to be fair.

Upvote 0
Oh and you should check out Jinx Shifters too, it’s like an Albins shifter sort of layout, seems to be well thought of from what I had read. They do a combo unit that has arb adjusters and brake bias too, looks a cool setup

Upvote 0
The Jinx full combo option is ridiculous. No idea where I would fit all of this without pulling the H-pattern and handbrake.

I did go ahead and order the Simworx one a moment ago, should be here in a week or so. Really hope I like it and Pro-Sim doesn't release more of theirs in the very near future.

1586386463956.png

Upvote 0
I don't know about its big brother, but I own the Pro-Sim Lite Sequential Shifter V2 and I must say it's a beast, miles better than my previous Heusinkveld shifter and I can't think how it could improved (apart from the thin handle, which I replaced with a custom 3D printed model). It's pure mechanical with a brutal feedback, and it feels like you can push and pull as hard as you want millions of times without worrying about breaking anything. However, bear in mind that it's very very loud, so that can be a problem if you don't use headphones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Today I've noticed squeaking noises when using my Pro-Sim Lite sequential shifter V2. I didn't hear that before because I normally use headphones when using my cockpit. Should I apply some lubricating oil to the mechanical parts inside (3 in 1 for instance)? Is it necessary to disassemble the unit to do this? What parts in particular could benefit from the oiling and so prevent the noise?

Upvote 0
Although I can't compare it to the Manu-Factory, the shift linkage and feel is what you would expect form ProSim / Quaife. (The Pro wasn't my initial choice, I actually ordered the V2 and the retailer sent me the Pro instead. :thumbsup:)

Attachments

• 20210429_120946.jpg
    20210429_120946.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 474
  • 20210429_121723.jpg
    20210429_121723.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 220
Upvote 0
The Manufactory shifter seems (from the pics from the website) to be on a (high) DIY level.
Especially the "resistance module" seems to be made quite simply from generic parts.
I´ve seen this mechanism in a DIY video on Youtube.

Execution seems quite good, I like the optics of the shifter.

And the company shines with the costumisation possibilities and the addition of buttons, rotary encoders and gear display.

Functionally I don´t expect any advantages over my Heusinkveld.
With that i especially mean the shift feel, that should feel just like a clunk, not the
"moving mechanical parts feel" of the Prosim/Quaife shifters.

As i already have a cockpit with numerous encoders and buttons and would struggle to find the space for bigger sequential shifter I´ll pass on the Manufactory.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back