1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-ordering COTA & Z4

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Kristóf Kerekes, Apr 10, 2014.

1. I'm pretty new to iR, but how do tracks get released? I would like to get COTA and Z4 when they are released, but can I pre-order them? I don't want to miss out on the bulk discount, due to needing a track for this season.
  2. You can't pre-order as far as I know, but I've only been playing iRacing for about 3 months now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think you'll get a bulk discount anyway other than the standard 25% discount you get when purchasing at least 6 pieces of content at the same time.
  3. They do pre-orders from time to time, usually only when members ask for them. The only benefit to a pre-order is to put the content into a bulk deal and get you the other content before the official release of what you pre-ordered.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. They stopped doing pre-orders because of the Lotus 49. You could pre-order that car, but then it got delayed a couple of times and everybody who bought the car, was pissed off.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. I wasn't pissed, I was delighted! I pre-ordered it with a discount, then they refunded me the full price and gave me the car for free. They paid me to take the Lotus :D
  6. yep, no more pre-orders as far as i can see. you just need to wait till week thirteen and then do your shopping all in one piece to get the three item bulk discount (or the six item discount)
  7. So we're getting COTA and the Z4 on the 22nd?
  8. And IRP. Will all come out on the build date, currently scheduled for the 22nd.
  9. Nice, what is IRP?
  10. 2nd indianapolis track, short one.
    also, it seems as if the toyota camry gen6 is in the offings