General Pov you're trying to mod using KsEditor

Kseditor works just fine.

Not following the SDK pipeline on these “3dsimed rips” is the issue.
I have done everything on blender, and I followed the pipeline. I also wrote a guide about modding, so no, me not "following" the pipeline is definitely not the issue. The moments where I mentioned 3Dsimed is because I jokingly said that it would build a better kn5 than kseditor can.

Last edited:
I have done everything on blender, and I followed the pipeline. I also wrote a guide about modding, so no, me not "following" the pipeline is definitely not the issue. The moments where I mentioned 3Dsimed is because I jokingly said that it would build a better kn5 than kseditor can.
Not sure why the hate on a 10 year old software that’s meant to be purely a passthrough from 3D modeler to vanilla game.

I never had an issue from using it pre-CSP times and even now. Works fine handling my entire track projects.

If something is wrong, it’s definitely at the 3D modeler stage.

Not sure why the hate on a 10 year old software that’s meant to be purely a passthrough from 3D modeler to vanilla game.

I never had an issue from using it pre-CSP times and even now. Works fine handling my entire track projects.

If something is wrong, it’s definitely at the 3D modeler stage.
This video is more on the joke side because I prefer to laugh about all these stuff that made me lose hair over it.

The thing is it's not limited to 3D, even stuff like changing the driver model I want to use in drivers3D.ini doesn't work in one car but work in another. Game crash saying it cannot find driver model when it use the kunos base one. Cm showroom not showing tyres moving when i edit the data files so I have to boot Assetto to see the results. Suspension moving on one car but not another despite being the exact same...

It's a lot of variety of problems that made the whole experience painful because there wasn't much of a logical explanation behind all of these.

Last edited:
It's a computer program, there is always a logical explanation, it's just not always helpful. Like drivers are not inherently swappable - the animation + driver kn5 file contain object names & positions specific to each other, swap driver and you also need to generate animations using that driver's rig.

3dsimed is also just plain not better, any time I've tried to support someone who went kn5->3dsimed->kn5 the answer turns out to be "3dsimed lost data from the original so now you get to start over, kn5 is no longer compatible with car data folder"

Last edited:
It's a computer program, there is always a logical explanation, it's just not always helpful. Like drivers are not inherently swappable - the animation + driver kn5 file contain object names & positions specific to each other, swap driver and you also need to generate animations using that driver's rig.

3dsimed is also just plain not better, any time I've tried to support someone who went kn5->3dsimed->kn5 the answer turns out to be "3dsimed lost data from the original so now you get to start over, kn5 is no longer compatible with car data folder"
"swap driver and you also need to generate animations using that driver's rig."
I did consider that at first, but CR redbull 2005 uses a different driver model where they changed the 3D arms, and even then if you use a steer.ksanim that was generated for kunos driver model it works with their driver. So surely an edited kunos driver model where I only swapped the helmet would still work with kunos steering animation. After all I haven't touched bones.

"turns out to be "3dsimed lost data from the original"
Yeah I also hate how 3Dsimed loves moving objects through empties for no reason and thus destroying the whole empties tree, or reset CAST_SHADOW to 0 on all objects. But on some occasions where kseditor would either render perfectly a car, but when exporting it misses 90% of the objects, or just freeze the entire time I'm trying to add a texture, 3DSimed was a better working option. Somehow KSeditorAT was doing better

1706567325829.png

Object edited with 3dsimed, do not appear in the assetto corsa game, how to make them appear?

The left photo is then in the game and on the right is how I exported.
Can you help me ?

Attachments

• ACS Screenshot 2024.02.16 - 14.52.32.71.png
    ACS Screenshot 2024.02.16 - 14.52.32.71.png
    345.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Desktop Screenshot 2024.02.16 - 14.53.16.58.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2024.02.16 - 14.53.16.58.png
    421.6 KB · Views: 26
Object edited with 3dsimed, do not appear in the assetto corsa game, how to make them appear?

The left photo is then in the game and on the right is how I exported.
Can you help me ?
If you want to add objects don't use 3Dsimed, there can be multiple reasons. The biggest problem is that when it import an object, it creates an empty with the name of the object file, then put the objects inside. So sometime you even have empties -> empties -> object

Depending on this it can mess the XYZ coordinates, the scale etc. So when assetto loads the track and the object position it might moves them, scale them back to 1.0 if the empty was 1.5 or something like that. Too many unpredictable behavior.

So what you should do is export the plane and the clock ffrom 3DS simed to .collada

Unpack the track with content manager, import the fbx in blender

Add the plane and the clock by importing the collada in blender

Make sure that the object is not inside multiple empties, make sure that the scale is 1.0

Export the whole thing in fbx.

Open it in ks editor, assign textures to the plane. Set the shaders value, and it should be good

I don't know how to use this Kns editor.

Yes, but after exporting in FBX format, by Blender, how will I make it a .ks file, to insert in the grazing of the game?
If you want to add objects don't use 3Dsimed, there can be multiple reasons. The biggest problem is that when it import an object, it creates an empty with the name of the object file, then put the objects inside. So sometime you even have empties -> empties -> object

Depending on this it can mess the XYZ coordinates, the scale etc. So when assetto loads the track and the object position it might moves them, scale them back to 1.0 if the empty was 1.5 or something like that. Too many unpredictable behavior.

So what you should do is export the plane and the clock ffrom 3DS simed to .collada

Unpack the track with content manager, import the fbx in blender

Add the plane and the clock by importing the collada in blender

Make sure that the object is not inside multiple empties, make sure that the scale is 1.0

Export the whole thing in fbx.

Open it in ks editor, assign textures to the plane. Set the shaders value, and it should be good
I don't know how to use this Kns editor.

Yes, but after exporting in FBX format, by Blender, how will I make it a .ks file, to insert in the grazing of the game?

Another thing, how do I export the edited archive, to use in Codematers F1 2022?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back