Post Pictures Thread (part 4)

Well, the castle may be kinda small and the camera angle too limiting, but the image is both fitting and satisfying... If it weren't for my predicament.

Attachments

• bugatti class.jpg
    bugatti class.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 216
Which track is that?

Looks good :D (the car and the track that is :) )

Thanks, it's a new version of Solitude that I'm making, it's been a bear to find good pictures of the
main buildings, but I'm getting there slowly. I was wanting to make it closer to the original 1960s version than what it looks like today. From what I can tell there has been a bit of leveling done to the
road since then. The road info is from GE with changes where I can find documentation, It won't be perfect but it's already fun to drive.

Alex Forbin

Looking interesting there William!

I had issues with the things in the first picture though, mainly because of the issue Boomer was mentioning in the Racer release thread.
I had placed bumps over the underlying geometry which is obviously flags=6 as well as the bump geometry itself. Racer has real issues with that, so in the end I had to cut into the underlying geometry.

Not a huge problem but it suddenly adds a layer of complexity to those elements when you author things.
I guess it's better to have them cut in for other reasons too, but it's really important to get your UV's right before cutting in on nice rounded edges like those :D

What track is that by the way? It looks like the white paint has normal mapping applied quite nicely!

Alex, that sounds like a very interesting project. No WIP thread? I know WIP is a bad idea because sometimes things never get finished (I'd have about 20 WIP threads looking at my tracks folder hehe), but it'd be interesting any way... sometimes sharing can generate more motivation... and I'm just genuinely interested too :D

Dave

Alex, that sounds like a very interesting project. No WIP thread? I know WIP is a bad idea because sometimes things never get finished (I'd have about 20 WIP threads looking at my tracks folder hehe), but it'd be interesting any way... sometimes sharing can generate more motivation... and I'm just genuinely interested too :D

Dave

I haven't considered a WIP simply due to my time being limited right now, I'm trying to get several
real life car projects done and I can only work on Racer afterwards, if I'm still standing ;)

Alex Forbin

Thanks Dave,
Issues like you are describing are to be expected in this case. There is not much space between the two surfaces so it might confuse the physics there. In any event, when you can solve a possible problem before it shows up, its best to do that while you're at it. Fat chance is when you don't, you'll end up fixing it later anyway. Uv's won't be an issue :)

It's a scratch built track I'm working on ;)

It's looking good so far.

Yep, best to fix issues as you work along if you know about them hehe... it's all too easy to forget sometimes.

I was trying to make a video in slow motion of a Racer car hitting bumps like that and showing off the cool movement of the suspension etc. It's really hard driving a car in slow motion from a track camera though haha!
Network cars don't get the same quality look though, and replays are also more basic...

In the end I was trying to record AI to go over my bumps and then film that, but after spending a day setting all that up I got bored before I got good results hehe :D

This corner looks perfect for a slow-mo bump-stop action video :D

Dave

Thanks Dave,
Issues like you are describing are to be expected in this case. There is not much space between the two surfaces so it might confuse the physics there. In any event, when you can solve a possible problem before it shows up, its best to do that while you're at it. Fat chance is when you don't, you'll end up fixing it later anyway. Uv's won't be an issue :)

It's a scratch built track I'm working on ;)

Nice teasers. I would scale up that water-drain grating in the texture by 1.5. Looks too small to me.

Hehe... the thing now letting that image down is the grass shader :D

It needs to look a bit wet too, and have fresnel specular, etc etc...

How hard might it be to just add the fresnel function into a dyn_standard/speca/bump shader?

My struggle has always been the co-ords for the light/eye/normal directions in different spaces :D

Dave

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 70 30.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 49 21.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 47 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 29 12.4%
  • Forum trophies