Post Pictures Thread (part 4)

Video of a 98 Civic on Polish Roads :D

Nice vid, but I never liked the textures in Polish Roads, looks like it has rained acid and
the overall colors don't match. It could really use an improvement since it is such a good
track to drive (no, I did not say that I would do it..)

A funny sorry. The first time my daughter drove this track she got all worked up when
she saw the church and drove all the way up there to look at it. When she got there
she looked at me with grieve sadness and said with a sense of despair "It is only a
picture!" She never drove the track again..

Nice vid, but I never liked the textures in Polish Roads, looks like it has rained acid and
the overall colors don't match. It could really use an improvement since it is such a good
track to drive
Thanks :) And yes I agree. I'm using an old version of Polish Roads that I made compatible with the newer versions of Racer by taking the sky from Carlswood. There is a updated CG version but everything looks like it is made of glass. Even the grass is very reflective. That's why I decided to use the old version...

A funny sorry. The first time my daughter drove this track she got all worked up when
she saw the church and drove all the way up there to look at it. When she got there
she looked at me with grieve sadness and said with a sense of despair "It is only a
picture!" She never drove the track again..

Haha :D

This is why free-roam can be a bad thing I guess...

I'm not sure of the right way to do it but I guess you could add a 'cage' of polygons to the course to hold you in but then remove the entry from the geometry.ini file once the track collision mesh has been generated... that way you get Newton holding you in the places the author wants but hopefully no other costs to the physics engine/graphics engine :D

Dave

I'm not sure of the right way to do it but I guess you could add a 'cage' of polygons to the course to hold you in but then remove the entry from the geometry.ini file once the track collision mesh has been generated...

Sounds like an idea, but if Racer users think like me, the collision mesh
is one of the first things I delete from a track so I can generate one based
on my own setup (I always alter tracks, it is a bad habit ;) )

A better way would be to add a transparent fence around the "offending"
area, just high enough to keep the driver out. Of course, transparency
does require some extra GPU time so it is not ideal.. thanks anyway :)

Sounds like an idea, but if Racer users think like me, the collision mesh
is one of the first things I delete from a track so I can generate one based
on my own setup (I always alter tracks, it is a bad habit ;) )

A better way would be to add a transparent fence around the "offending"
area, just high enough to keep the driver out. Of course, transparency
does require some extra GPU time so it is not ideal.. thanks anyway :)

Well of course it's a solution that you might then break, but at least it's there for people who don't break stuff :D

I think for some of the default contents it'd be a good idea to do this kinda stuff so it's tested in the first instance, but also so people can see that Racer is a 'finished' product or can host finished style content if it wants to... makes Racer look more polished and able to do good things imo.

But yes, easy to have a toggle for this feature by simply providing a little batch file that can alter geometry.ini for ya etc... (ie, a flash interface to a track set up tool)

Hmmm

Dave

S65 AMG HQ CG Shader

Attachments

• screenshot002.jpg
    screenshot002.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 191
Hai Luke,
i have "only" a GTS 250, but i think it's time for a new one...on many tracks i get only ~20fps...with grafiks at full...
I've looked at a GTX 6XX...but atm it's too muche money...we got a Dalmatiner Puppy last week and i had to pay 1100€...my house needs a new Maindoor...thats 2,5k€...will see maybe at end of the year...

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 50 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%