Possible future Race Series interest for slower drivers.

For those who are interested in competition, but are "off the pace" of the top echelon drivers that usually participate in various leagues/contests, I was gauging interest in what kinds of series people would like to participate in, if one were available at a "developmental pace" level (for slower drivers).
The series would be season long (x number of races) for points and determine a champion.

If the car/class is not listed, please indicate in your response.

Last edited:
I voted open wheel only for the reason that because theres no triple screen support in r3e the fov in the tin tops is awfull and i cant see where im going,

i would love to see something like this happen but i think it would still end up like the rd club races where you have the same aliens running off into the distance,the only race i did on r3e i was 10 sec off the leader lol yet i can race on iracing in a split with drivers of a similar skill level and be reasonably competitive and at least get a race,dont get me wrong the winning to me is not important the taking part is but whats the point of racing when you end up doing the race with no one else in sight

what do you class as slow,how do you determine someones skill level,

if i could race against drivers of a similar skill level on rd i would be a regular but as it is at the minute i would sooner race at iracing knowing im at least racing with drivers of the same skill

like i said on the other thread, i don't think this is a good idea. We are very few in RD club and "splitting" that will result in less than 10 people for races, instead i suggest that all guy's that think they are slow, to join club events so numbers are higher and for sure you will find someone of your skill level.
Also, if you need any tips,help,setup,guide lines ask for it but most important, join club events!

Much as I sympathize with the sentiments expressed, in the OP in this and the other thread, I feel it would be very difficult to implement as the current R3E multiplayer manager lacks any means to do so.
Possibly a NSU series wouldn't attract the faster guys but I don't see how you could exclude them if they wished to join.
I do sometimes wonder if this fixation with the leaderboards contributes to people not joining club races.

Instead of a series why dont more people join lars rookie driving room that he has set up several times in the past?

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...ttes-nürburgring-sunday-17th-july-2016.123766

It was very useful but they are rarely run. I had been waiting since April for the chance to participate.
I have joined several R3E club events and always found drivers quicker than I am, similar pace to myself and those who are slower than I. My view is that as long as I'm racing against someone, even if it is @Kenny Paton, then Its a worthwhile exercise.

What we really need is more members willing to race regularly, be it club or a league.
Summer is always going to be lower numbers as "outside stuff" happens!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%